Needing Advice On Wedding Portfolio

Business By shanasweets Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 1:29am by debster

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 3

I am starting my business after the new year. I have not done any wedding cakes. I have 3 dummies that I can use to add to my portfolio. I know there was post in the past on the best way to build up your portfolio, but I can't find it. I also have the wilton stands that are three seperate cakes. I know I could cover with fondant, add a ribbon and flowers, each tier by itself and then stack. If anyone has further advice or know where that topic can be located. Thanks for the help.

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 3

You can take multiple pics out of the same cake. Ice/fondant the cake, add ribbon. Take pic. Add some flowers. Take pic. Add some add'l decors (scrolls, dots). Take pic. This is also a great way to show each bride how adding just a little here and there, and the cake design is enhanced a lot.

Take a pic of each cake on the stands, then take a pic of them stacked. Also a great way to show a bride how the stand can give the same cake a totally different look. thumbs_up.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:29am
post #3 of 3

You can put seperators in one layer then inbetween all of them. Do some with bows and ribbons, some with flowers. Look in the gallery the possibilities are endless. Then add some colored fondant after you've done some white or cream. Mix up the shapes too. Add some circles or different sizes of fondant dots. The stenciling is pretty also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%