Help... O.j. Cupcakes

Baking By nesha Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 6:04pm by rosiecast

nesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesha Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 11

HI CC..... ok so I'm making orange juice cupcakes for a wedding as a part of an assortment, there is NO icing its just an o.j. glaze. Usually when I do this for a bunt cake etc it HAS to be flipped over an the glaze is poured over the HOT cake as soon as it comes the oven. My question is how can I do this with the cupcakes since it will have cupcake liners?????????? HELP THANKS

10 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:04am
post #2 of 11

Can you just dip the cupcake tops into the glaze?

nesha Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:18am
post #3 of 11

No, because it doesn't absorb completely into the top like it does when its inverted....I know, it souds sooooo weird!!!!!!!!!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:24am
post #4 of 11

Ha ha!! By the subject line I thought you meant OJ Simpson!

kanwal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanwal Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 11

What if you poked holes into the top of the cupcakes with a toothpick and liberally brush on a glaze over them?

nesha Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks guys..............I tried it today, I couldn't poke holes through the liner so I attempted to use my cake tester an it worked....not how it usually is but it will do, LOL.....THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

DianeLM Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:33am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesha

Thanks guys..............I tried it today, I couldn't poke holes through the liner so I attempted to use my cake tester an it worked....not how it usually is but it will do, LOL.....THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now I'm confused. Why did you poke holes in the liner? And where did you put the glaze? icon_confused.gif

nesha Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:16am
post #8 of 11

Diane, the reason I was poking holes into my liner was because I was trying to replicate how I make it with either a sheet or bunt cake ( which is usually inverted....don't know why but it soaks up the glaze much better when its been inverted right after it comes out the oven).

DianeLM Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:58am
post #9 of 11

Please forgive me for being dense... Did you poke holes in the bottom of the cupcake - liner and all - then pour the glaze onto the liner?

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:14am
post #10 of 11

Could you bake it without a liner, flip it , pour on the glaze and then put it in the liner somehow?

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 11

Diane, I'm confused too (makes 2 of us) I was thinking you poked holes on the top of the cupcake to allow it to soak more of the glaze then brush the glaze on top of the cupcake.

Could please elaborate Nesha? thanks,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%