What's Your Non-Cake Holiday Wish?

Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 4:15am by BeeBoos-8599_

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 11

If you knew you could have one wish this holiday season, but it could not be cake-related, what would it be? It doesn't have to be something for you, it could be for someone else. Nor does it have to be something tangible. My ex used to say all he wanted for Christmas was peace and prosperity for all mankind.

I don't know what my wish would be yet. I have so many things in my mind that I would like to ask for. I'll have to make a list and then decide which I would want most.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

10 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:13am
post #2 of 11

My wish would be for all the soldiers to come back home safely...I know it won't happen but I just feel so bad for those whose family is over there fighting. My cousin just came back from basic training about 2 months ago and they told her that she's going to be deployed in 2013. I was also reading an article on Yahoo news about a single mom who was arrested because she missed her flight to Afghanistan because she had no one to watch her 10 month old baby. They actually told her that she would have to deploy and send her child to foster care. That just makes me sad!

So that would be my wish, maybe a little foolish but I'm sure all soldiers families have that same wish!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:33am
post #3 of 11

My holiday wish is that the economies worldwide will start to rebound and prosper.Jobs will be recreated and people will no longer worry about losing their homes or retirement investments.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:40am
post #4 of 11

Can I have two???

One ~ I also wish that the economy would turn around. For us, with my husband laid off for over a year, and for all the others who are in our situation or even worse.

Two ~ That my mother and husband would get along for the holidays. The two of them are tearing me in half lately.

Okay....THREE ~ For all my cake buddies to have a WONDERFUL holiday season!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #5 of 11

Good health to all. Anything you own is worthless unless your health is good. So drink a toast with chicken soup and orange juice!! thumbs_up.gif (Not in the same glass, of course! icon_biggrin.gif )

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 11

Snow...

I'm Canadian, lived in Colorado for 11 years and just moved to Knoxville, TN and just don't know how I'm going to get into the holiday spirit with no snow.... There is just something about decorating the tree, the tree glow, something baking, and snow falling outside. (sigh)

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 11

You may get your wish TJCanadian!! It snowed here in middle GA last year. Just for a second, but it was snow!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 11

Honest, honest and this may sound hokey, but that people find jobs. We are no where near where we were 5 years ago, not even 3 years ago, and through the grace of God & inspite of a 2/3 income lost, we are so much better then others. I just pray people are able to make it through the holidays.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 11

For my niece to have one last day with her Nana. She misses her soo much and it just breaks my heart.

My other wish is for children not to know suffering. Be it physical, emotional or lack of food. Our children are the future of the whole world.

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:46pm
post #10 of 11

I met my mother n law 3 months before she passed away. I was asked to sing at her funeral. Since the funeral, my father in law doesn't speak to me and it has been 4 yrs. My husband says his dad is reminded of his wife everytime he sees me because I look so much like her.

I just want to have a relationship with my father in law.

If I may have two........ bring home our troops!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:15am
post #11 of 11

That my husband find a job. One that will pay him enough to support the family and that we will finally be able to pay the bills that I have been collecting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%