Anyone Wants To Join My Christmas Basket Project???

Decorating By vagostino Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm by chas21

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:25pm
post #271 of 340

Man, I'm sorry for not been any help. I don't really know any "quick" cookie recipes.

LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:05am
post #272 of 340

Okay, so I'm pretty much caught up. BUT is anyone else having trouble not eating their goodies?! I mean seriously, I just finshed these snickerdoodles (one of my all time favorites) and they are killing me they are so perfectly delicious!

cindycraig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycraig Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:22am
post #273 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bturpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycraig

I know you all are working like crazy to get your goodies ready, and I wanted to tell you about a 45-second fudge recipe that I got at a Pampered Chef party--- just in case you need a quickie to help fill your baskets. (You all may already know this but I was amazed) Any flavor of baking chips + 1 can of any flavor ready-to-spread frosting--- microwave for 45 seconds and stir until smooth. Pour into 9x9 dish and let set up before cutting into squares. (line with buttered parchment) Its so smoooooth and you can make many flavor combos. I used chocolate frosting and Andes mint chips this weekend and also coconut-pecan frosting and chocolate chips. Peanut butter/chocolate is great too. So...it's not gourmet, but its great and EASY! Merry Christmas!!

Can you tell me what size bag of baking chips to use? I'm assuming not the tiny bags and not the big jumbo bag....but the middle "normal" size bag? I can't remember the ounces on that one.....

thanks - I just may give this a whirl - seems easy enough!

I looked on my bags of chips and the weight varies depending on what type (peanut butter, chocolate, etc) so between 10 and 12 ounces of baking chips and use a 16 oz container of canned frosting. HTH- it really is good for being so simple.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:26pm
post #274 of 340

Well, I have came down with the flu on Tuesday also, But I have been drinking lots of Vitamin C, and trying lots of home remedies, so I am starting to feel a little better, I also wanted to Thank, Vagostino for starting this thread Because I was not sure what I was going to do, this year. I am praying for all of us, that have been sick, so we can get well, to get back to our routine, and get back on track, I hope I am all better by Sunday because that's When I start, I got all my supplies this monday so I am good to go.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction, where I can find some fudge recipies, do you guys use ones that are in the recipe section, I know Cindycraig. posted a 45 second one, but I do not have any ready to spread Frosting, and I am not going back to the store, I have to stick to my budget.
TIA.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:38pm
post #275 of 340

Uniqueask, try allrecipes.com for fudge recipes...they have tons.

Uniqueask Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:50pm
post #276 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieD-oh

Uniqueask, try allrecipes.com for fudge recipes...they have tons.

Thank You.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:58pm
post #277 of 340

I am just curious. How many baskets are each of you making? Also, do you change the quantity of the items going into them, depending on how many people are in that family? My husband has 8 (yes icon_cool.gif siblings and I have 4, and my parents. My husband and I are young but some of his siblings have kids that are grown, and have families of their own. I figure I'll have to do 20 different baskets/platters or whatever, just getting the stuff to make them is going to cost a fortune. Last year i just did sugar cookies, packaged them and put them into bags like you would put presents in. This year I want to add more to the bags, so im curious how many each of you are doing, and how do you decide who gets one and who does not? Many of his siblings we dont see very often, but we will at Christmas... what to do??

Uniqueask Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:43pm
post #278 of 340

I am doing about 30 baskets, Mostly for teachers, and neighbours. I did spent quite a bit of money, for my supplies, I was thinking about 4 to 6 of each thing, (cookies, candies) etc in a package, I already have a list but I am sure I will be adding more things, to make a decent size gift package.
I also bought my stuff in bulk, or should I say Bigger packages, like at Bj's etc. so you get more for your money. so I think it depends on how many you can afford to put in the basket.

Icing2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Icing2009 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:45pm
post #279 of 340

How much in advance can you make the cake balls. I was going to give my kids teacher baskets on wed or thursday next week so when do you guys think would be a good time to do them. I'm anxious to try them out. I want to make them as soon as I can. Can they be frozen till day before to give out or will they get soggy?

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 10:43pm
post #280 of 340

i'm doing 5 boxes for my fiance's aunts/uncles and his mother, 1 for my aunt (one time i'm glad the rest of my fam is 1100 miles away. lol), and 1 for my next door neighbor. that is, if i can keep everyone out of my cookies. hehe. @uniqueask~~ if you have the jet puffed marshmallow fluff, there is a recipe on the back for fantasy fudge. that is the one i use, and just modify it to fit whatever flavor i am doing. i also cook it for 5-7 minutes instead of the suggested 4. it makes it set up a lot firmer so i can cut it better. i am soooo sorry for you guys that are down with the flu. i've been having to schedule cookies around dr appts and that is hard to do. hope everyone gets better!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 10:59pm
post #281 of 340

Finally got started! At least I CAN say that 95% of my Christmas presents are already wrapped! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, last night made double batches of gingerbread and sugar cookie doughs. Baked all of that off today and have made another double batch of sugar cookie dough and a double batch of cream cheese cookie dough. I have to start on dinner soon, so I can't use the oven right now, so I'll either make more dough or start on some of the candy.

The house is smelling yummy right now!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:04pm
post #282 of 340

Over the last 3 days I have made 9 types of cookies, peppermint bark truffles, and eggnog truffles. I am having sooo much fun icon_biggrin.gif . I packaged up 45 mini baskets (with 7 cookies in each) and 2 larger baskets (with approx 24-35 cookies in each). I am going to package up a third large basket for my job. I have one more basket to do next week and then I'll be done....for Christmas giving that is.

Uniqueask Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:44pm
post #283 of 340

Thanks chef jess I appreciate the tip on the recipe. I actually just looked on the bottle and saw it.

prterrell Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:52pm
post #284 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagostino

I was thinking giving them the pistachio biscotti that I have already made for my baskets and then, next week when I'm better re-bake cookies for my baskets.
that's why i need quick and easy cookie recipes to fill my personal baskets.

the school cookies I "have" to do. I'm the only baker in the school, and is for a teacher luncheon and I already commited to 5 dozen. those are done, but if I give them then I have even less for my baskets.

Oatmeal cookies (really any kind of drop cookie)
Danish Wedding Cookies
Choc-PB no bakes
Peanut Blossoms
Thumbprints

Icing2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Icing2009 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 3:32am
post #285 of 340

I made that peppermint bark using the whole mini candy canes and they are the cutest little things. I am doing the white choc and milk choc. I am making:

Pepeprmint bark white/milk choc
puppy chow
choc covered almonds
spiced pecans
choc/white choc covered pretzels
fruity pebbles covered in white cho (don't know what people call them)
cake balls
tiger butter
red velvet cupcakes

Not too much but I am also doing my sons birthday cake and a a christmas cake for his preschool so I have my hands full this year. If someone can let me know on the cake balls that would be great. How long in advance to giving them can I make them without them being soggy. Please let me know before I make them this weekend and they go bad before thurs or fri

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:20pm
post #286 of 340

WOW! Some of you really have your work cut out for you. Im just putting in chocolate dipped pretzel rods, tiger butter, sugar cookies, and im thinking about the candy cane bark, but you gals are out of this world! Good Luck!

prterrell Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:15pm
post #287 of 340

So far today I've baked off another 2 batches of sugar cookies and made up a quadrupel batch of tassie dough. Need to bake a cake tonight/tomorrow morning. Have to run by the store and purchase more flour on the way home from my tutoring gig tonight.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:51am
post #288 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

...Have to run by the store and purchase more flour on the way home from my tutoring gig tonight.

After countless trips to the store to pick up flour, I have decided that next year I'm going to go to Whole Foods and buy the 50lb bag. icon_wink.gif

chefjess819 Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 5:44am
post #289 of 340

i am finally finished with the boxes for tommorrow. packaged, packed, and ribboned. lol. pics posted in my photos.

Uniqueask Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 6:41pm
post #290 of 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjess819

i am finally finished with the boxes for tommorrow. packaged, packed, and ribboned. lol. pics posted in my photos.

Congrats way to go, I will start my baking tomorrow.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:41am
post #291 of 340

I'm feeling better finally....tomorrow morning I'll be fever free for 24 hrs!!! I can;t really bake too much tomorrow since my son is hosting his club scouts thing at home but I'm so relieved I'm feeling better!!!

Monday I'll be full force! I will only have 3 days at the most to finish this things....

please all of you that are done, post pictures of your baskets or individual items so the rest of us can get ideas!!

Thanks!!

chefjess819 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:39pm
post #292 of 340

so i posted my gift box pic in the cookies gallery...it has been removed. they said that it had to be decorated cookies. little dissapointed since i did have decorated cookies. along with all my other stuff. i'll see if i can attach it here... tried to post it on here, but it says its too big. not sure how to shrink it. oh well. anyways, i will be making bags for teachers for friday with fudge in it. have fun!

Uniqueask Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:56pm
post #293 of 340

Hey Vagostino, I am glad you are feeling better, So Am I, and today is the day that I start Baking, It is snowing outside, I am going to be baking inside, I fell happy and excited already, I will let you guys know my progress later,

Chefjess, I am sorry your pictures were removed, I commented on them and saved them too, try shrink my pictires.com or www.picnik.com, I like picnik better. I used it yester to post a picture in a thread. to show someone.

vagostino Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 3:43pm
post #294 of 340

Ok I wanted to show pictures of my progress...This are my decorated sugar cookies, gourmet rocky road, chocolate covered oreos, and chocolate covered marshmallows. I have biscottis in the chinese takeout boxes (didn;t take pictures.) and I'm ready to bake the mexican wedding cookies and some lace cookies i found and look really good.
I also have mini pound cakes in the freezer ready to ice with maple glaze. After that I think I'll be done! I'll post pictures of the finished baskets

vagostino Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 3:47pm
post #295 of 340

ok....i cannot post the pictures...they are smaller than the 800 whateaver size they allow...how do i post them?

Uniqueask Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:49pm
post #296 of 340

Ok, yesterday I made orange cream, mint, and cookies and cream fudge. I also made chocolate covered pretzel rods, and today I am going to start my cookie dough and my almond bark. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:51pm
post #297 of 340

My husband and I are going to make "baskets" (we're using Christmas trays) for the first time this year. We're going to do chocolate covered pretzel rods, homemade candy, sugar cookies, pumpkin cookies, chocolate spoons, peppermint bark, and jars of hot chocolate mix.

Does that sound like enough? I know its going to feel like a lot when we're doing it.. but I feel like its not really diverse enough. What do you guys think?

LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:54pm
post #298 of 340

You got the drink, the cookies, and candy. I think it's a good selection. I got caught up & now I need to get cracken again. Everything has to go out by Thursday and I got a few things left.

vagostino Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:35pm
post #299 of 340

That combo sounds good, plus I like the jar so they can make it later if they like!

Lee9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee9 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 9:48pm
post #300 of 340

Ok, I've finished my regular and peanut butter fudge, buckeyes, 1 batch of potato candy, pumpkin spice - mint chocolate - chocolate raspberry - lemon - chocolate cake balls, smore drops, candy cane heart bark, candy cane oreo bark, double batches of chex mix in the following flavors - pumpkin spice - apple cinnamon - snickerdoodle - cheesy ranch, double batch of oatmeal scotchie bars, batch of chocolate chip - snickerdoodle - ginger - sugar cookies, and so far about 5 batches of sugared pecans. IO still need to do another batch of potato candy, haystacks, 4 batches sugared pecans, and all the above cookies. Decided not to do the hot chocolate on a stick and the brownies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%