Need Help With Accent Color...

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 11:08pm by cathie_shinnick

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a baby shower cake with a baby whale theme. Square, 3 tier. Me client wants the cake covered in chocolate fondant with the whales in a baby blue. I am making waves in a lighter blue and white.(also designed by client) I beleive that another color should be added. I wanted to get a few opinions from ccer's, before I call her today to suggest another color. Any ideas?

4 replies
loulou758 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loulou758 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 5

That sounds like such a cute cake! I love the design idea. I think it would be great with just the colors you've got in mind so far, but if you think it needs something more, maybe a pale yellow? Like a pale yellow and white border around the tiers of some kind...I'm just a newbie so that's my input! I'm sure you'll get some great ideas! icon_smile.gif

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 5

aqua

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 5

I agree that a hint of pale yellow incorporated some how would really finish the look of the cake. Maybe some yellow starfish or seashells?

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you, I think I am going to just do different shades of the blue Im using for the whale. I did a few sketches and liked that one the best. I really like the idea of lt. yellow, but I can only have whales on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%