Last Night's Episode Of Cake Boss

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 3:23am by heddahope

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 31

What did you all think about last night's episode of cake boss? The wrestling match was hilarious! And Alfie was literally AMAZING!! They really outdid themselves! icon_biggrin.gif

30 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 31

I love Cake Boss but the way they have those sisters acting is really starting to annoy me.

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 31

I know that they have a family run buisness, ( I do as well) but if my sister acted the way his blond haired sister acts she would be fired. I don't know if it is the producers of the show asking her to be the way she is or if it is how she really is but anyone family or not talks rude to the customers, changes my plans with a client (the painting episode) or does anything to the electronics for a cake they wouild be looking for a new job.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantedcakes

I know that they have a family run buisness, ( I do as well) but if my sister acted the way his blond haired sister acts she would be fired. I don't know if it is the producers of the show asking her to be the way she is or if it is how she really is but anyone family or not talks rude to the customers, changes my plans with a client (the painting episode) or does anything to the electronics for a cake they wouild be looking for a new job.

thumbs_up.gif I'm hoping they (the producers) are making her (Mary) act like that. I really watch the show to see their different techniques, so sometimes my tv stays on mute icon_wink.gif

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 31

It took me a while to like it.....first I was upset, because I wanted to be all about the cakes...but now, I enjoy the entire show, I expect there will be some drama, and laughter.....
But what I notice, they don't show a good hygiene in their kitchen. Last night they made the board for the Alfie, directly after drilling, they just put it strait on the cake icon_eek.gif !!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 31

I personally don't think Mary's acting. If you think to one of the first episodes, he had to talk to her about a customer complaint, and he sad that this was a constant problem with her. Customers have complained about her. I had the t.v. on the chanel, but basically missed the epsiode. I was stuck on C.C.

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZlatkaT

It took me a while to like it.....first I was upset, because I wanted to be all about the cakes...but now, I enjoy the entire show, I expect there will be some drama, and laughter.....
But what I notice, they don't show a good hygiene in their kitchen. Last night they made the board for the Alfie, directly after drilling, they just put it strait on the cake icon_eek.gif !!

That was the first thing I thought when they made the board for the Alfie. Nasty.

lovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovescakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 31

I'm a fan of their cakes but that fake drama from the sisters it's so annoying, I just want to change channel!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:40pm
post #9 of 31

They do the dramatics to keep their show different - its all about ratings. I love the show. No other show (including challenges) actually shows as much about the cake construction as Cake Boss does.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 31

Love the cake boss.
I sure would like to go there and watch some of his tech.

Does anyone know hwat the cage was made of? It was clear and he food pened lines but was it edible?

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:25pm
post #11 of 31

I stopped watching the show after the finding out the whole Bridezilla episode was staged.

I love the cakes but can't stand all the drama.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:09pm
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I stopped watching the show after the finding out the whole Bridezilla episode was staged.

I love the cakes but can't stand all the drama.

Me too. I try and watch it because there are some really beautiful cakes, but the shouting and fake drama and stupid pranks annoy me so much I end up turning it off.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:18pm
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD

Love the .
I sure would like to go there and watch some of his tech.

Does anyone know hwat the cage was made of? It was clear and he food pened lines but was it edible?

If I am remembering correctly I think he said they were gelatin sheets and come with the lines in them so they just traced them with an edible marker

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:23pm
post #14 of 31

it was the gelatin sheets.. you can use them to make windows, bee wings, dragon fly wings,etc..

elizacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizacake Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:26pm
post #15 of 31

I like the show alright. You just have to ignore the blatent staging. "Alfie" was the best carving project I think they've shown so far! Until then I thought that Charm City was better at this type of cake generally. I do enjoy the fact that they show so much of the construction. You don't know what they leave out though.

I could definetely do without the sisters! lol

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:30pm
post #16 of 31

Awww man, I missed last night's episode, I fell asleep!! icon_cry.gif

adding to other comments; the sister's and the drama sometimes get on my nerves, but the techniques and the beautiful cakes make up for all of the "extra" drama.

I have truly learned different techniques just from watching his show!!

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:49pm
post #17 of 31

I love this show, but last night I was too tired as well.So I went to bed early, my friend says they did cute dragon cake.I am sure I'll have another chance to see it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:47pm
post #18 of 31

I actually like the drama. They are just a family working together. If I worked with my family, you better believe we would sound and look like that.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:55pm
post #19 of 31

I also like watching their techniques, but the drama gets on my nerves.

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:16pm
post #20 of 31

If I had to work with my siblings, I am sure there would be some drama too. The sisters are what make that show annoying to watch sometimes. The sister Mary is lucky it is a family owned business because she would no longer be employed after some of the crap she has pulled.

I don't understand why it isn't an hour long show.

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:05pm
post #21 of 31

of cousrse it staged, it is a for our entertainment. But the sisters remind me of my aunts(my father's sisters), yes really.

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #22 of 31

I love cake boss! The show does show more technique than any other cake show I've watched. Buddy is very talented.

DLo912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DLo912 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:21pm
post #23 of 31

I like the whole show and that's because you're not just watching them make beautiful cakes, you're getting the dynamic of their bakery and their family. I get that some things are staged, but come on, you KNOW that things are staged on "Ace of Cakes" and "Amazing Wedding Cakes," right? At the end of the day, you're watching a TV SHOW, not reading a "how-to" book about making cakes. I don't mean for anyone to take offense by what I'm saying as I'm just giving my opinion. It also really reminds me of my crazy Greek family. LoL.

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #24 of 31

I watched an episode for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it- the way they explain various techniques and the interaction with the family and other employees- very entertaining.

The cake that Buddy made his wife looked delicious. I've never actually seen the way a checkerboard cake was constructed. That was pretty neat, to me.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 9:19pm
post #25 of 31

I Can't stand the show, I've seen 2 episodes (the first because I thought "Oh goodie a new cake show" then the bridezilla one because of all the hype on CC about it) and it feels like the Jerry Springer version of Ace of Cakes without the cake talent other than Buddy to really back it up, and his accent grates on my nerves. It just all seems so low class because of the drama.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:25am
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I Can't stand the show, I've seen 2 episodes (the first because I thought "Oh goodie a new cake show" then the bridezilla one because of all the hype on CC about it) and it feels like the Jerry Springer version of Ace of Cakes without the cake talent other than Buddy to really back it up, and his accent grates on my nerves. It just all seems so low class because of the drama.

I have to agree that the drama is not what I enjoy watching, but I do love that Buddy is generous is showing his techniques. As a former New Yorker, I take offense to his accent being criticized, some of my relatives who grew up in Queens have similar accents and they are successful, educated people, not low class (lawyers, college professors, MBAs). An accent is a product of where you live and Buddy having a New Jersey accent is no different than someone having a midwestern, Southern, or Texas accent. I personally enjoy listening to other accents (esp. Southern icon_smile.gif ), I just don't think its fair to use someone's accent as criteria by which to judge them.

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:49am
post #27 of 31

I watch the show every week. I really do like the show. I think they are all nice and the producers are probably the ones making them act. The show would be much better without all the obvious fake stuff. Most of the sister stuff is planned. The sisters are in a separate floor but buddy calls them over and they are there in seconds? The cake falling down the stairs was probably fake, the bridezila was fake, the brother in law picking out a cake then buddy's wife and mother in law changing it - was staged (probably in my opinion).

I would like it more if the drama wasn't there but the drama won't make me stop watching the show!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:51am
post #28 of 31

The staging drives me nuts. Too fake. I don't mind the sisters if that's how they really are, that's not my problem. I'm sure there are enough antics and craziness in the bakery being a family run business. I stopped DVRing it a few weeks ago. If I watch it, it's because nothing else is on. Sorry Buddy.

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:03am
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I have to agree that the drama is not what I enjoy watching, but I do love that Buddy is generous is showing his techniques. As a former New Yorker, I take offense to his accent being criticized, some of my relatives who grew up in Queens have similar accents and they are successful, educated people, not low class (lawyers, college professors, MBAs). An accent is a product of where you live and Buddy having a New Jersey accent is no different than someone having a midwestern, Southern, or Texas accent. I personally enjoy listening to other accents (esp. Southern icon_smile.gif ), I just don't think its fair to use someone's accent as criteria by which to judge them.

Oh I love to hear Buddy talk.. icon_smile.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:09am
post #30 of 31

Fellow East Coaster here....... narrow minded prejudice going on and stereotyping.... small mindedness....

Accent should have nothing to do with it.... People have different accents from all over....

I like most of it.... His mom seems to overact... I ignore it..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%