Adding Alcohol To Fillings And Icings.

Baking By sandykay Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 2:08am by Jeep_girl816

sandykay Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 5

First sorry if there is a post on this, I'm short on time so I was unable to do research.

I want to know if adding alcohol effects the sugars used in the fillings or icing, my concern is it make break it down, thus my looking to all the CC's for advice as I know there are many knowledgable peolpe here.

Also does anyone have good recipes for filling that are flavored with Chambord?

Thanks to all who take time to respond.

4 replies
Rincewind Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 5

I've used various alcohols in my buttercreams with no problems. I've used Whaler's Vanilla Rum, Frangelico, and Godiva (both chocolate and white chocolate) with very good results.

I've never used Chambord, but I think it would be nice (and easy) in a raspberry or blackberry filling. I think a chocolate mousse-type filling would be excellent with Chambord added.

Good luck!

Texas_Rose Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 5

I use rum or amaretto in my buttercream sometimes. You can replace part of the liquid with it but usually not all.

I've made raspberry filling before with (generic) Chambord, seedless raspberry preserves, and buttercream...didn't measure, just mixed until it looked right.

sandykay Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:57am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for you help so far. I really want to try adding Baileys to a Ganache, but don't want to ruin it doe to expense.

Jeep_girl816 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:08am
post #5 of 5

Just add a little at a time, and keep tastingicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%