How Do I Pick A Filling For This?

Decorating By ybeal Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 3:15pm by KHalstead

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 6

I'm making a Guinness choc. cake for a friend but since I've never tried one, and I don't like Guinness, how do I decide on a filling??

Any suggestions, I'm a bit at a loss....

TIA!

5 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:45am
post #2 of 6

Maybe use a chocolate filling...it doesnt have to be a heavy flavor though...or even vanilla...maybe make a guiness flavor...

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:56am
post #3 of 6

I made a plain chocolate guiness cake once for work (alcohol infused baked goods tend to go over well thereicon_smile.gif) - I personally don't drink so I wasn't crazy about the flavor but not put off either - I also think any type of chocolate filling or ganache would work very well with it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 6

Wow - that is a stumper! Good luck!

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 6

That cake has been one of my best sellers, as well as the family fave here. I have filled it with cheesecake filling, Oreo filling, regular bc, as well as the chocolate icing that I normally ice it with. I use Baker's One Bowl Chocolate Frosting right off the box. It is like eating homeade fudge! Chocolate lover's dream!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 6

I was going to suggest a white choc. mousse or cheesecake mousse made with Rich's bettercreme and either white choc. pudding mix or cheesecake pudding mix. I find that either of these two fillings seem to go with just about ANY cake flavor. They're mild but delicious in flavor but rich, yet light at the same time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%