How Do I Make Ruby Slippers Out Of Cake?

Decorating By CakesbyChrystal Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 12:37am by sugarshack

CakesbyChrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChrystal Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hi!
My friend LOVES the Wizard of Oz and her Bday is coming up next month. She asked me to make her ruby slippers out of cake. Seems easy enough if I could figure out a way to carve the shoes. Anybody have some sort of template they can share, or give me some ideas on where to start? She doesn't want the shoes to sit on top of any cake so they need to be pretty big I suppose since they will be standing alone. I've attached a picture she sent me.

Thanks!

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:27am
post #2 of 6

Many years ago Woman's world magazine put out a homemade cake in their magazine with pictures and how to make it etc..I remember seeing one for ruby slippers.It was made with a store bought Sara Lee pound cake and you carved out the shoe and made a heel and glued it all together with icing and then covered it in red sanding sugar...Make a sole template first and then carve the inside out.HTH

Here is a pic I found on the net...
LL

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

http://www.jenny-cakes.com/3dgallerydetail.html

She has some on her site about half way down the page...the pic kiddiekake posted is cuter...maybe you could use jenny-cakes instructions and modify them a little icon_smile.gif .
HTH, and good luck!

Please post pics!

CakesbyChrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyChrystal Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:55am
post #4 of 6

thanks guys!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 6

Kiddiecakes - the picture you found is too cute! And Kjt - that's a pretty cool website.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:37am
post #6 of 6

earlene sells instructions on her site, I think

www.earlenescakes.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%