Help....having Trouble Matching Up A Red Wine Petal Color!!

Decorating By nesha Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 5:26pm by Win

nesha Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 8

HI CC.........Ok, I'm having an EXTREMELY HARD time matching a fabric swatch for a wedding which is Sherry Red....kinda reminds me of Red Wine icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . I've tried Poppy Red and its not coming across...should I try adding black....NOT SURE, I HAVE NOOOO IDEA. I've been trying to match these up FOREVER an now the wedding is FAST approaching...Dec. 6th. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just don't have the time to keep experimenting like crazy an I'll be dissapointed if I can't match it up exactly or remotely close icon_cry.gif . THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

7 replies
flamingobaker Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 8

It might be helpful if you could show us a picture?

indydebi Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 8

Is it closer to a maroon or a burgundy than it is to a red?

momma28 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 8

I would try adding a little black and see if it gets you going in the right direction. Add more if you need to but in very small amounts

nesha Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:42am
post #5 of 8

OK.....THANKS, uh ok soo the pictures won't post so I'll just put them under my photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ribbon in the picture is as close as I could get to the fabric ( itss to wrap the sides of my cake board)

nesha Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:48am
post #6 of 8

sorry guys......I think I'm all by myself on this one because I just got a message from the moderator saying that I can't post the swatches because its not a cake etc. If you'd like to still help you can e-mail me an I'll send you the pictures...[email protected], THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

IsaSW Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:04pm
post #7 of 8

I am making a cake for nov 28, she wants roses in a red that I think is the one you are talking about. I am planning on adding burgandy to a christmas red, airbrushing over already tinted red gum paste. Then I will add highlights in brown. I will let you know if it works.

Win Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 8

I use a red wine petal dust on my roses.
[url]
http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19459&name=Red%20Wine%20Petal%20Dust%20by%20Sunflower%20Sugar%20Art[/url]

You can use a red tinted gumpaste and then go over it with this petal dust to get the shade you need.

I think it might be what you are looking for.

(4th item down on this page:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19459&name=Red%20Wine%20Petal%20Dust%20by%20Sunflower%20Sugar%20Art

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%