Are You A Brand Name Shopper?

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 10:04pm by my_4_dumplins

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:40pm
post #31 of 36

EXACTLY. My expensive jeans I still have and look the exact same from the day I bought them which is like 6 years ago, some Wal-mart jeans I bought...well let's just say I bought them 3 years ago and the look like I bought them 30 years ago. Everyone finds value in what they like. My SIL in law mouths drops when she found out what some of my jeans had cost, cause she only buys sales and clearence stuff. She also has easily 200 pairs of jeans to my 15. I don't see her savings at all.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I buy all my bras from Victoria's Secret because they last alot longer and fit better than bras from most other places, I also buy most of my jeans from there because they carry long lengths in a wide variety of styles,

So basically, you're a tall skinny minny with perky boobs small enough to fit in Vickies Secret bras then, eh? So jealous. ((sigh)) icon_lol.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:38pm
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I buy all my bras from Victoria's Secret because they last alot longer and fit better than bras from most other places, I also buy most of my jeans from there because they carry long lengths in a wide variety of styles,

So basically, you're a tall skinny minny with perky boobs small enough to fit in Vickies Secret bras then, eh? So jealous. ((sigh)) icon_lol.gif

If you want to be jealous you should see my sister. She's over 6' and wears about a size 6, after giving birth to three children. I'm only 5'10" and wear between an 8-10 depending on the brand.

And my boobs aren't that perky, I nursed two children, so bras are no longer optional. icon_cry.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:47pm
post #34 of 36

i love looking at all the pretty designer clothes. right now i'm even reading a book about Coco Chanel. i could never, ever afford them (or fit in them thumbsdown.gif ) but that doesn't stop me from admiring!

if i could afford stuff like that, i admit, i would spulrge on a few purses. the thing is, like a lot have said, that most expensive, designer items just plain last longer. as rachel zoe would say "investment pieces".

i'm a sucker for marc jacobs/michaels korrs purses and christian louboutin shoes icon_redface.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:47pm
post #35 of 36

Lol....yeah, I hear ya. Dang gravity.

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 10:04pm
post #36 of 36

I am not a name brand shopper when it comes to clothing. My kids get alot of hand me downs from my sisters kids so they may have some Arizona from JcPenney's. My sis and mom both work there tho so they get everything on sale.

One evening we were at a steak and buffet resturant and a waitress chased my 13 yr old daughter down to ask her where she got the jeans she was wearing, my daughter said "I think my mamaw got them from the goodwill." icon_eek.gif My sisters 13yr old said " I would die before I told anyone my jeans came from goodwill." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%