Magic Line Pans Question

Decorating By StaceyCakes75 Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 3:50am by BaBa

StaceyCakes75 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 6

I just bought a new magic Line 14" pan. I washed it well with soap and water for the first use. Made my batter and poured it in. I was hitting the pan on the counter to release air and noticed my hands were black. I took a paper towel and swiped the inside of the pan to check if it came out black as well and sure enough it did. What a waste!! I'm so mad I'm going to have to throw this batter out. icon_mad.gif I'm already not charging enough for this cake and now I have to start over GRRRRRRR!!!

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do to the pan before I use it? All my pans are Magic line pans and this has never happened before.

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyCakes75

I just bought a new magic Line 14" pan. I washed it well with soap and water for the first use. Made my batter and poured it in. I was hitting the pan on the counter to release air and noticed my hands were black. I took a paper towel and swiped the inside of the pan to check if it came out black as well and sure enough it did. What a waste!! I'm so mad I'm going to have to throw this batter out. icon_mad.gif I'm already not charging enough for this cake and now I have to start over GRRRRRRR!!!

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do to the pan before I use it? All my pans are Magic line pans and this has never happened before.

Seriously? That shouldn't have happened. Not at all. Never happens with mine.

__Jamie__ Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 6

New recipe perhaps?

springlakecake Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 6

There's gotta be some residue left on the pan. I am sure the pan is fine, I would just wash it again and maybe wipe it out.

heddahope Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:38am
post #5 of 6

I had the same problem with mine when I first received them. Luckily I was using a paper towel to grease the pan and noticed the black on it so I didn't waste any batter. I had to wash it like three times before a paper towel came up clean.

sorry that happened to you

BaBa Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:50am
post #6 of 6

carry them in my shop and this is the first time I have ever heard of this happening.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%