Firmest Rice Cereal Recipe To Use For Making A Car

Baking By lutie Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 2:02pm by cathie_shinnick

lutie Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a car (Jeep, actually) for a cake this week-end...my Rice K___ recipe is falling apart...what is the most durable Rice Krisp__ recipe to use?

5 replies
BakingGirl Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 6

You can omit the butter in the recipe, that will make it harder. Also I crush the cereal a bit to make it a bit more dense.

PattyT Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 6

I needed the same advice recently. dkelly came to the rescue with the suggestion to add melted white chocolate to the mixture. It worked perfectly on my package lid.

Here's the thread at the point of the suggestion.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6564790-.html#6564790

Debluvs2bake Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 6

Also cook your marshmallow longer, almost until it looks burned. The hotter the sugar, the harder it gets. Doing this also reduces the amount so keep that in mind when adding the cereal, you won't need as much.

khoudek Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 6

I delete the butter from the recipe, press the RKT together tightly when shaping and then lightly brush the object with corn sryup, let that harden a bit at room temp, then cover it with fondant.

cathie_shinnick Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 6

I have learned that my RKT get harder and smoother if when forming them and molding them, I roll in PS. It sort of works like a binder and dries much harder. I came up with this one day as I was making my MMf for the week and all of the RKT for the week. I had always had a problem with my RKT being to soft and not drying in time. So I thought, why not add some ps like I do to marshmallows in MMF. Works like a dream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%