Piping Gumpaste

Baking By kellyhoffer Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 5:47pm by kellyhoffer

kellyhoffer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyhoffer Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to make snowflakes and a friend of a friend who works for a cake shop said try using piping gumpaste.

I have tried to find it on the internet. Does anyone know how to make it?

3 replies
Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 4

I have done it with gumpaste. In the book Cakes to inspire and desire she explains how to do it with gumpaste. You take a small amount of gumpaste and need in some shortening and then partially dunking the paste into boiling water before kneading again. Then you place the softened paste into your clay gun. My clay gun I was able to put a piping tip into it to get the shape I wanted. HTH

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 4

Another way to make gumpaste snowflakes would be to go buy a oouple of snowflake punches from the craft store. They've got a bunch of different kinds of punches in the scrapbook section. Roll your gumpaste out thin, let it dry a little while, then punch it out like a sheet of paper.

I've done snowflakes that way before. As long as you don't mind having only a couple styles to use, it's a quick and easy method.

kellyhoffer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyhoffer Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 4

Well I was wondering if you could use the gumpaste powder in the can and make something less like a dough and more like a royal icing and put it in a bag and make snowflakes that way. I have never used the powder stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%