Mff- Michele Fosters Fondant

Decorating By Lauren251 Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 6:05am by Lauren251

Lauren251 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 6

I am making it for the first time today... going well so far.

I just had a question about what every one uses for substitutions or any ideas about flavoring?

5 replies
khoudek Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 6

I don't make the one you are trying, rather the Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. However, I've made plenty of substitutions to that one successfully. Things I've used:
LorAnn goumet (sp?) flavored oils such as Barvaian Creme, Orange, Lemon, Cherry Almond, Chocolate and White Chocolate. Butter extract, Mint extract,,,,really any extract works. I use a bit of more salt than the recipe calls for when I don't want an intensely sweet taste. That's about it I guess. It's fun to play around with it.

emlashlee Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

I strictly use MFF. I think it delivers the best taste, IMO, and has always come out well for me. Michele has devoted a lot of time and effort to answering multiple questions about her recipe and compiled it into this post. Check it out - everything you want to know (or will need to ask later!) icon_smile.gif.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625727-mff.html

Win Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 6

When I make Michele's I use about 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract as well as the vanilla, and about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon... I find it just enhances the overall wonderful mellowness of the fondant.

amberkw Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 6

I absolutley LOVE her white chocolate version of the recipe. Soooo yummy. I am going to try it w/ butterscotch next time. Maybe tonight!

Lauren251 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:05am
post #6 of 6

Thank you guys so much for your opinions. I absolutly love this stuff! It will definatly be part of my recipe collection along with MMF. I love them both!

emlashlee: I will have to check out that link. Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%