Neighbor Critisizing My Cookies! :(

Lounge By three_sets_of_twins Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 9:33pm by FloraFlora

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:35am
post #31 of 51

Thanks guys.
She actually did show up the next day because her oven is broken and wanted to use mine to bake in! I was using the kitchen and told her she wasnt allowed in it any more, especially if im doing an order. I then told her she would have to ask a different neighbor for her oven since I have some more dog poop baking in mine and hours of work ahead of me. I ALSO told her I Came on my cake website and told everyone what she did and that we all hate her lol.
She replied "Well did you mention to the cake people how UGLY the cookies looked?? I'm sure they would have agreed with me!!" ughhh.
I also told her she will NEVER eat a scrap of anything from my house either.
Dont get me wrong, we werent fighting or anything, but we were loud about it.
And Texas Rose, you do have a small point, cookies in this part of the world are very smooth and decorated and such. But to me personally taste bad. Again though, regardless of what they looked like, She was out of line as I'm sure you agree.
In other aspects she is quite kind. She saw all my lights in my living room were burned out and went out and bought me new lights. She saw my toilet was wobbly and went and bought some sort of cement and fixed it herself. I once asked her if she has eggs I can borrow and she didnt, and she actually walked to the market to get me some. She studied cosmetoligy and does my hair color and eye brows for me for free without even having to ask. But HER MOUTH.....
I was insulted if you want the truth and very very hurt. And I did tell her yesterday how much it hurt what she said. She didnt say sorry or anything. Just kinda laughed it off and changed the subject. Again it's not really a culture where people say "im sorry." But she's never getting another thing out of my kitchen again.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:21am
post #32 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by three_sets_of_twins

Thanks guys.
She actually did show up the next day because her oven is broken and wanted to use mine to bake in! I was using the kitchen and told her she wasnt allowed in it any more, especially if im doing an order. I then told her she would have to ask a different neighbor for her oven since I have some more dog poop baking in mine and hours of work ahead of me. I ALSO told her I Came on my cake website and told everyone what she did and that we all hate her lol.

Hahahahaha! Good for you!

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:58am
post #33 of 51

Good for you!

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:03pm
post #34 of 51

Good job! Don't take it personally. Tall fences make good neighbors, I think that statement applies here.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:41pm
post #35 of 51

Good for you!
I have a dumb neighbor too. She's always saying I need to go into buisness and all that blah,blah blah.
I had made a spongebob cake for my friends son as a gift (in photos). Neighbor sees it and says how cool it looks and all then says "you could probably get, what $40 bucks out of that?".... WHAT?! And she thought that was being generous!!
She is one of those people who want a duff cake at a wal-mart price. icon_mad.gif

So when she wanted a 3 tier cake for her dd's b-day I had to say NO. I wasn't going to do it for free and I already know what kind of price she expects, So no cake!

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm
post #36 of 51

Some people are just tackier than double-stick tape.

She and my neighbor would make good friends.

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:16pm
post #37 of 51

If she said that to your face and you didn't break her nose, you're a better person than I am!

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:31pm
post #38 of 51

Good for you for making a stand. I reckon the reason she laughed it off is because she doesn't know how to handle you telling it how it is and didn't know how to reply and if she did apologise it would mean her admitting she was in the wrong and some people would rather cut their nose off to spite their face so it would not be in her make up to say sorry.
If she is a real friend she will not insult you again.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:36pm
post #39 of 51

I'm glad you told her she's not allowed back in your kitchen! That was horrible. Since she studied cosmetology, what/how much does she expect to be paid an hour for her work? After the cost of ingredients, you were not paid very much and you were right, you did save someone a lot of time. Your time is worth a lot.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:49pm
post #40 of 51

[quote="three_sets_of_twins] Now my neighbor is a good person deep down. But she is one of those people that calls it like "she" sees it and has no problem telling you so, but to the point where its just rude. I was soooo PISSED!! No more free cookie plates sent to HER HOUSE EVER!! Now She's actually gotten me feeling self concious about the delivery tomorrow!!!!! UGH![/quote]

OK, first of all you're doing a very nice thing to make all of these cookies for such a good cause and at a steal for the teacher!

Now...sorry, but someone who behaves like this neighbor is NOT a good person deep down. Someone who is truly a good person would not be this critical and downright RUDE. This tells me that deep down THIS is really how she is.

With friends like that....well, you know the rest! icon_wink.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:52pm
post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiepan

She may be your neighbour but she certainly isn't your friend. Sounds like she is a jealous old shrew. If you have a problem with slapping her, I could come and hold her down while you cram her mouth with oatmeal mix and tell her to eat poo icon_evil.gif

Oh my God this is TOO FUNNY!!! icon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:01pm
post #42 of 51

WOW...I'm speechless (and that doesn't happen often). That woman was down right rude and trying to instill doubt in your abilities. I would have told her to get the Hell out of my kitchen and mind her d*mn business since she wasn't the person buying the cookies. People are a trip!!

BTW...she is not your friend. If she was, she would have found a more diplomatic (or delicate) way of telling you if something was wrong with your cookies...IF there was anything really wrong with them. Did she even taste them?

To me....it sounds like the green eyed beast icon_sad.gif

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:07pm
post #43 of 51

I was in favor of the forced feeding of oatmeal cookie dough until I read your last post, 3-sets. She has shown remarkable kindness and generosity in the past. And she clearly did not realize that she had hurt your feelings or that she had made you so angry that she should not come back (which is how we all felt about it!). I'm guessing this is a real culture clash. What nationality is she? Is English her first language? It sounds like there are some major cultural differences at work here...

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:07am
post #44 of 51

LOL sorry I had to laugh at this. Not really that its funny, but so incredibly ridiculous and rude. Yeah...you know, those people who take pride in "telling it like it is", yeah......b****es, and just trying to justify their behavior. There is a difference between honesty and just flat out being a...well....its been said.

There are lots of people out there who just dont understand the value of the work we do. Its a business. I remember working at a grocery store that was selling nasty looking sugar cookies around xmas time last year. The royal was so sloppy you could barely make out the design. They were going for $6 a piece. I told a customer $3 a piece for something that actually looked nice and she said the same thing, "For a COOKIE? Yeah right."

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:28am
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByJen2

I'm sorry, but this does NOT sound like a person who is basically good or your friend.

It sounds to me like she is a miserable, insecure person who tries to make herself feel more important by putting other people down, and trying to excuse her vicious tongue by saying she's just "telling like it is". I would've shown the beeyotch the door after the first comment!

Reminds me of an old movie, can't remember the title, with John Candy and Ally Sheedy. Maureen O'Hara plays his mother, who is a miserable, bitter, old women who constantly insults people and ruined her husband's career and alienated her son in the process, but she justifies it by saying she's just "telling it like it is".

That movie was Only the Lonely ...one of my all time favorites!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102598/

I was actually thinking of that too as I was reading all the "honesty" that "good neighbor" was spewing. I would never bake her another thing either. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:46am
post #46 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

This is someone who is such a jerk they say everything that comes through their tiny brains, resulting in verbal diarrhea. When they offend someone it isn't their fault, they're "just being honest and telling like it is" and it's your fault that you're SO SENSITIVE. Ignore her, she sucks.

LOL! That is exactly what my MIL calls it! She had a neighbor who seemed to love to share all her intimate details of her life. Its so funny to hear my MIL say, "OMG there is that girl with diarrhea of the mouth again." As she hides in the other room and ignores the doorbell... hehe.

You know you're right. I think these types of people are just so impulsive. Its a case of mouth is faster than the brain syndrome.

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:48am
post #47 of 51

Hi all.
No actually english isnt her first language. And yeah although she has shown wonderful acts of kindness and generousity...it's just her MOUTH!
No she didnt taste one cos she said it looked like dog poo. But I do think her comments were 90% ignorance, and 10% jealousy. I've gotten some money saved up in the bank from my home business and she is struggling financially so maybe that has something to do with it also. She let herself in again yesterday and again I was working but she did COMPLIMENT it with lots of "wow" and "amazing" so maybe she is trying to make up for the hurtful comments.
My neighbor on the other side of me, DANG! When I first started my business, actually wanted to make things to sell and have them put under my name, in my menu, and she gets the profits when her items sell! I told her to start her own darn business and she didnt even want to. Actually got UPSET that I said no! lol. ok off topic.
Anyway thanks again SOO MUCH ladies for letting me rant!! It was really eating at me!!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 11:35am
post #48 of 51

Wow, it sounds like you have some real loser neighbors! I'd change my locks!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:28am
post #49 of 51

I am sorry but I don't find the other things she has done to be nice. If my lights are out that is my own business. To presume that you need her to buy your lightbulbs or fix your toilet just shows that this "person" just thinks that she can do or say whatever she wants without any regard for the effect she has on others. I happen to be one of those peopel who calls it as I see it and I would never inject myself into someone elses house and act like that. I would never have another word to say to her.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:24pm
post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Wow, it sounds like you have some real loser neighbors! I'd change my locks!

LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Ditto

FloraFlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FloraFlora Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:33pm
post #51 of 51

I think the problem is, 3-sets, you are too nice! icon_smile.gif

Your neighbour is probably basically a good person. Well nobody is perfect. She probably have good intentions. But she's not smart enough and caring enough about your feeling. So she isn't a GOOD friend.

I agree with BeeBoos. I don't like the fact that she went ahead to change your light bulb and fix your toilet and went to the market for eggs. It might be a cultural difference thing.. but I think she is not respecting the fact that you are the owner of your home. If I were your neighbour and friend, I would offer to take you shopping with me, IF you want to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%