Neighbor Critisizing My Cookies! :(

Lounge By three_sets_of_twins Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 9:33pm by FloraFlora

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 51

So I have been spending ALL DAY...since 10 am until now, 5 pm, making 100 assorted cookies, brownies, individually wrapped and tied off with ribbon.
a teacher at a school here asked me to make her those treats for some school fund raiser, where she would resell them. I quoted her $1.00 per individually wrapped cookie, brownie, etc, and she could resell for whatever, but I wasnt doing it for less than a dollar and to me thats CHEAP for all that work and she agreed to it no problem!
Well my neighbor comes over, we're pretty good friends who hang out a lot, while I'm doing the packaging and im on cookie # 90 maybe?
She goes, "Those look horrible! What are those?!!?"
"oatmeal raisin cookies"
"they look like "poop"! (im nicing it up)
"Theyre oatmeal raisin theyre not supposed to be pretty they taste good. try one!"
"Eww No it looks like dog poop! And someone is BUYING that from you??"
"Yes!!!"
"how much??"
$1 each
"Who in their right mind would pay a dollar for that!!! I mean I might pay that for the chocolate chip cookie if I was starving but I wouldnt pay it for that! And why did you make drop cookies couldnt you have made them look better or smoother or something?? You're ripping this lady off!!"
I tell her to shut up and Im not ripping anyone off and ive been working since 10 am.
"Oh whatever!! Come on you havent been working that long there is nothing to this their not even tiresome!!"
"What do you know?! Have you ever made 100 large cookies and had to wrap them all and tie them with a bow! Do you even know what the ingredients cost me?!?! Youre just one of those people who say "oh its just flour and sugar! Well ITS NOT ITF FRIGGIN WORK and YES IM CHARGING HER $1 EACH and I should charge more cos now SHE doesnt have to spend all day doing this cos I DID IT FOR HER!"
"Your robbing the woman for charging her that!! Whats she supposed to resell them for then if youre doing it for a dollar?!?"
"Whatever she wants to resell them for I dont care! she agreed to $1 and again thats a DISCOUNT! I dont have a commercial oven! I dont have a kitchen aid! I only have 2 cookie sheet pans! Of course it took me ALL DAY and im not going to be EXAUSTED if it's not worth it!!!!"
"Oh youre just upset cos you know youre ripping people off at this price but I called you on it!"

Now my neighbor is a good person deep down. But she is one of those people that calls it like "she" sees it and has no problem telling you so, but to the point where its just rude. I was soooo PISSED!! No more free cookie plates sent to HER HOUSE EVER!! Now She's actually gotten me feeling self concious about the delivery tomorrow!!!!! UGH!

50 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 51

She's just jealous that she's not collecting the money tomorrow!!! Ignore ignorant people like that!! They have no idea how much time and energy goes into making baked goods!! And your right....no more cookies for her...

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 51

Gah.

Here's my trusty baseball bat so you can whup the everloving sh*t outta her.

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 51

It sounds like she had no idea of what an oatmeal cookie was supposed to look like. She may be the type to just 'tell it like it is' but from what I was reading, she is just plain rude and mean. Maybe she has some jealously issues?

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 51

Slap her! icon_mad.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 51

Sorry, a good person would recognize that they are acting like an asshole, and therefore would feel bad about acting like that. So your neighbor is really just a jerk that needs a whupping with Mensch's bat.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 51

"no, I'm upset that you came in here disguised as my friend and accused me of being a crook. Now get the hell out of my house and don't come back until you have a HUGE FRICKIN' apology to deliver on your hands and knees. Oh, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out."

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 51

Amen Jamie! icon_wink.gif

Rosiepan Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 51

She may be your neighbour but she certainly isn't your friend. Sounds like she is a jealous old shrew. If you have a problem with slapping her, I could come and hold her down while you cram her mouth with oatmeal mix and tell her to eat poo icon_evil.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiepan

She may be your neighbour but she certainly isn't your friend. Sounds like she is a jealous old shrew. If you have a problem with slapping her, I could come and hold her down while you cram her mouth with oatmeal mix and tell her to eat poo icon_evil.gif

How can you have any pudding if you won't eat your meat? If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!!!! madhatter.gif ...ooo, think it's a good day fer some PF.

three_sets_of_twins Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:03pm
post #11 of 51

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@ Rosie.

Yes that was very mean. And Rude. Although she thinks that she is hillarious. And I do wanna beat her with that bat.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:04pm
post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiepan

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif : icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:10pm
post #13 of 51

No, she's not jealous. She's a dumb, ignorant b*tch. I have two words for her that I can't really type on here, but if you were to visualize it, it would involve your middle finger.

Yeah ... I'm still in a bad mood. icon_sad.gificon_mad.gif

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #14 of 51

I have a "friend" like that at work. She takes pride in being someone that speaks what is on her mind. She doesn't seem to realize that its rude and hurtful. Ironically, she can't seem to figure out why none of us want to go to lunch with her anymore!

three_sets_of_twins Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 51

she is dumb. and ignorant.One of those cake muggles or whatever you call them that has no idea the hard work that goes into even simple baking without decorating..especially in large amounts. I'm just kicking myself for every darn leftover cookies I ever sent her. She doesnt even KNOW how to make cookies, by the way.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:29pm
post #16 of 51

In my thread last week when I was talking about cake snobs? That neighbor lady is exactly the kind of person I was talking about! (Tho in this case she's a cookie snob)

That lady was beyond rude! Kudos to you for not losing you cool in front of her.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:42pm
post #17 of 51

"we're pretty good friends who hang out a lot"
?? No, you are not "pretty good friends". Unless this is totally out of character for her - (like, did someone just kill her cat or something?) - she is not your friend. Doesn't sound like jealousy to me, just a person who enjoys using her words as weapons, then getting away with it with the old "I just call them as I see them".
You know the value of your work,your time, your ingredients and your photos reflect some very pretty things. Don't allow such a small person to make you feel badly. Free cookies for her? Why would you have anything to do with such a negative person? Toxic!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #18 of 51

Nice neighbor.... icon_sad.gif

Jen

Rosiepan Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm
post #19 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by three_sets_of_twins

.One of those cake muggles or whatever you call them that has no idea the hard work that goes into even simple baking without decorating..especially in large amounts. .... She doesnt even KNOW how to make cookies, by the way.

Exactly! and because you do she is trying to bring you down with her thinly veiled caustic comments.
I would call her on a bake off on this let her show you how easy it all is and how cheaply she can make them with profit seeing as there isn't much to it icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:20pm
post #20 of 51

This is someone who is such a jerk they say everything that comes through their tiny brains, resulting in verbal diarrhea. When they offend someone it isn't their fault, they're "just being honest and telling like it is" and it's your fault that you're SO SENSITIVE. Ignore her, she sucks.

three_sets_of_twins Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:50am
post #21 of 51

thanks ladies.
she does suck! I need to get that out!
Thanks for the reassurance too. you guys rock.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 5:59pm
post #22 of 51

After her first remark, I would have shown my "friend" the door. I also would have told her not to let the door hit her a$$ on the way out.

Good Riddance to her!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:16pm
post #23 of 51

After the door hit her on the way out I'd never open it for her again. I'd rather be friendless then have friends like that.

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:44pm
post #24 of 51

I'm sorry, but this does NOT sound like a person who is basically good or your friend.

It sounds to me like she is a miserable, insecure person who tries to make herself feel more important by putting other people down, and trying to excuse her vicious tongue by saying she's just "telling like it is". I would've shown the beeyotch the door after the first comment!

Reminds me of an old movie, can't remember the title, with John Candy and Ally Sheedy. Maureen O'Hara plays his mother, who is a miserable, bitter, old women who constantly insults people and ruined her husband's career and alienated her son in the process, but she justifies it by saying she's just "telling it like it is".

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:50pm
post #25 of 51

Is it possible it's just a cultural difference? I remember you saying that you're living somewhere in the Middle East and I have a friend who dragged me to every middle eastern grocery/restaurant/bakery in town (not the same experience I know) and the plainest cookies I ever saw were pretty bar cookies. Of course it was still rude of her to say it but you have to admit, if you'd never seen an oatmeal cookie before it might look a little like a cow pattie to you.

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:09pm
post #26 of 51

Regardless what she thought of the cookies, what did she think would be your reaction to her harsh criticism? Did she think you would agree with her and throw it all in the trash? She probably talks like that to everyone and nobody ever says anything back. Good for you if you did. Intimidators are not successful unless they have someone to intimidate. I just baked oatmeal raisingcookies and they are not pretty but they taste divine.
Happy cookie baking. And put a sign on your front door that says "Scrooge not welcome here".

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:14pm
post #27 of 51

'a smart person knows what to say and a wise person knows when to say it'. She's neither. Make her a cookie with a super glue center, that will shut her up!

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:38pm
post #28 of 51

Wow, that is so rude I am wondering if my mother-in-law is your neighbor, sounds allot like her....hehehheeee. That is awful I can not believe that people can be that rude, she does not sound like a nice person, who needs enemies with friends like that. I am sure your cookies are amazing I wish I could have one now with my coffee and I think your pricing is great. It is allot of work and you wrapped them too. By the way I have twins as well icon_smile.gif)
Have a great day

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 7:40pm
post #29 of 51

WOW , your neighbor is a real BIOTCH! icon_mad.gif I know violence is never a good response to stupidity, but there is no way I would not have cleaned her clock right where she stood. I would probably be still praying about my reaction though. She was both side of wrong. Your a good woman for maintaining your composure.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 8:14pm
post #30 of 51

I actually made my MIL leave me house because she was being rude to me. My house is my safe place filled with love and anyone who tries to disturb my tranquility needs to leave immediately.

I didn't let her come back for a couple of years and surprise, surprise when she finally came she treated me with respect.

I wouldn't let your neighbour have one more second of your valuable time. Have a cup of whatever, put your feet up and relax!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%