New To Cookies And Need Help!

Baking By mygirlssweet Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 10:58pm by TracyLH

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:13am
post #1 of 6

I am new to cookie decorating (usually do cakes) so I have some simple questions.

I just finished decorating and bagging Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies with RI. I baked them and then froze them. I took them out to thaw Friday morning and decorted the base that afternoon. I let them dry on cookie sheets and then finished decorating them on Saturday. I let them finish drying on cookie sheets and have no bagged them (today, Sunday). My question is this: The shower is on Wed evening...should I refreeze them or will they be fresh enough for Wed or a few days longer for people to eat them?

5 replies
globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:27am
post #2 of 6

Mine stay fresh for a week, so with that said I would not re-freeze them. When the RI is completely dry, I do wrap immediately to keep them fresh

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:16am
post #3 of 6

I would definitely bag them as soon as the icing is dry to keep them fresh longer. No, I wouldn't refreeze.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 6

If you have a cello bag, heat seal the ends. I do this and then either tag them or tie a ribbon on.

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 6

Where do you get cello bags? I just put the cookies in clear treat bags with a silver twist tie.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

I get mine at the local cake supply store, but unfortunately they don't ship. You might try U.S. Boxes to see if they have any if you don't have a cake shop or Google it. Cello is so much better than the plastic (like you see at Michael's). SO much better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%