Fondant Cookies

Baking By sweet-thing Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 3:51am by sweet-thing

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:29am
post #1 of 4

First let me say, I know nothing about cookies so I apologize in advance if I am annoying!

Do you guys actually put rolled fondant on cut out cookies? Do you just use the same cookie cutter to cut the fondant? And do you lay it on while the cookies are warm?

I gotta tell ya, you guys amaze me! This cookie stuff is hard!

3 replies
KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:35am
post #2 of 4

I personally don't really like the taste of fondant on a cookie (love it on a cake though!), but I have done it. You can lay it on when the cookie is warm or you can brush the cookie with jam, buttercream, a little royal icing - or even water will make it stick! A good alternative would also be rolled buttercream - tastes like buttercream, works like fondant! Oh yeah - and you just use the same cookie cutter as you used to cut the cookie. I saw a good video on how to make fondant covered snowmen cookies at www.pinkcakebox.com - she shows every step!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:37am
post #3 of 4

Yes, I do and they are delicious! So I cut out all the cookies and let them chill in the fridge. While they are chilling I roll out some fondant and cut them out with the same cutter. Bake the cookies up and as soon as they are done baking & I pull them out the oven, I cover them with the precut fodant pieces and then recut them again while they are hot to get that perfectly smoothed edges.

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:51am
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! I have got to try this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%