What Stand?

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 1:31pm by cylstrial

cakebaker1957 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:33am
post #1 of 2

Just wondering , so far i have not used a cake stand.But this will change this summer , Im to do a cake in June, This is my question, I know to use cardboards (doubled )under each cake, I have bought the SPS system, that leah_s talks about, I wouldnt have to use 2 cardboards if i use the plates, Is this correct, and then what would i use on the very bottom cake, would i use double cardboards a little larger that the cake so i can put a boarder around it then set it on the cake stand, Im using a large silver square one, with feet on it , On the other cakes we covered 2 cardboards with contact paper, and it worked out fine, Just want to cover all my bases, especially since im going to be using the SPS system.
Thanks All

1 reply
cylstrial Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 2

You could use any kind of base that you want. I either buy masonite boards from Global Sugar or Into the Oven. Or my hubby goes to Lowes and buys some MDF board, comes home, and cuts it into the shape that I need. It's a thin board that comes in a couple different depths. But it's really strong and can support a lot of cake (which means weight). Then I either cover the board in fondant or in a nice scrapbook paper (put clear contact paper over the scrapbook paper).

Quote by @%username% on %date%