Separator Plate

Decorating By jhuntl01 Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 1:50am by jhuntl01

jhuntl01 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:01am
post #1 of 5

When you are using separator plates for raised tiers, do you set the cake right on the plastic or do you put it on a cardboard round first?

4 replies
cakebaker1957 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:23am
post #2 of 5

leahs has a thread on this, i just bought them too, If i heard right you do use a card board, but you have to take the board and the little sharp thing on the plate you need to poke a hole in the cardboard , then make it a little bigger so as to when you set your cake on it it will hold it, Look on the sticky notes as you first log on,

jhuntl01 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 5

Ok, but not the SPS system, I'm talking about the old school separator plates and I just need to know if you place the cake directly on the plate or if you put the cake on a cardboard round like you would with a stacked cake and then on the plate...

cakebaker1957 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:45am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuntl01

Ok, but not the SPS system, I'm talking about the old school separator plates and I just need to know if you place the cake directly on the plate or if you put the cake on a cardboard round like you would with a stacked cake and then on the plate...

Im sorry, I think they still set on the plate, Use some icing to glue the cardboard onto the plate, In other words, take a dolop of icing and put it on to the separater plate then put your cake that is sitting on a cardboard on to the separater plate, and push it down on to the icing, so it will take hold, Hope this helps(:

jhuntl01 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

It sure does...thank you so much icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%