Red Color

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 6:09am by CakesByAdriana

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone! Does anyone know what color red or how to get a good Christmas red so I can pipe berries on my hollies for a cake. I will also like to use the Christmas red for borders and writing. I have the Christmas red coloring which it has no taste to it, but when I put the Christmas red into the butter cream icing, it does not turn dark red or a good red color so that it will look just like Christmas red color and not a pink or pale red. Your help is greatly appreciated. Enjoy your baking. icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 9

I use the americolor super red. You use less coloring but get a good deep red. You can also color the icing pink first and then add red so you don't have to add as much red to get your color.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 9

Chefmaster super red is really good too.
Edna icon_smile.gif

2cakes Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:10am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaa1996

I use the americolor super red. You use less coloring but get a good deep red. You can also color the icing pink first and then add red so you don't have to add as much red to get your color.

Thank you Lisaa1996 for the reply. I am able to view everything when I reply, but not when you reply to my question(s), I don't why that is, but hopefully it will get fix on its own or maybe tech support from cake central can help with the problem. Never had to experience this until today. Thanks again for your reply. Oh, I forgot to ask where can I get this color Americolor super red from? icon_smile.gif

2cakes Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:21am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_smile.gif

Hi Edna, thank you for the reply. Where can I get the Chefmaster super red from? Greatly appreciate your help. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 1:15am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_smile.gif

Hi Edna, thank you for the reply. Where can I get the Chefmaster super red from? Greatly appreciate your help. icon_smile.gif

http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=4409&catid=511

Thats the bottles I have, they are really neat, you dont have to deal with toothpicks! and you can place as much color as you want.

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:12am
post #7 of 9

I order from Global Sugar but the shipping can be high unless you order enough to make it worth it. Very fast shipping though! I think I may try the Chefmaster now since I am running low on black and red icon_smile.gif. Never hurts to try different options and if Edna uses them, they must be good icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:21am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaa1996

I order from Global Sugar but the shipping can be high unless you order enough to make it worth it. Very fast shipping though! I think I may try the Chefmaster now since I am running low on black and red icon_smile.gif. Never hurts to try different options and if Edna uses them, they must be good icon_wink.gif

I do love global!.. I use them all the time too!
Edna icon_smile.gif

CakesByAdriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByAdriana Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 6:09am
post #9 of 9

I have the Chefart as well. Do you find it has a bitter taste. I have had to use it to make Elmo and Christmas cakes and find it to have a slight bitter taste. No one has seemed to notice but I don't want it to cost me a customer one day. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%