Hi all...I am going to be decorating approximately 18 gift box cakes for a wedding on Dec. 26 and have several questions.
1. Is fondant or gumpaste best for bows?
2. How far in advance can I make fondant /gumpaste bows?
3. Some will need to be colored silver...what is the best method for achieving this? Airbrushing or dusting? Should the coloring be done before or after the bows are dry?
Any suggestions for making the bows & ribbons look interesting & textured would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for the help!
2. You can start now.
3. If I had an airbrush, that would be my choice.
4. Use impression mat, or roller to put design in the gumpaste.
edited to add. I made a striped bow using white and red fondant with tylose added. Something like that would be pretty in December.