Grainy Molding Clay - Help Please!!!

Decorating By Lauren251 Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 11:45pm by Lisaa1996

Lauren251 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 4

I just put my choclate molding clay in the fridge to harder. I have never made this before and wanted to try it for the heads of cake balls im making into turkeys.

My problem is after I put the corn syrup in (the recipe I looked at said to warm it up, I think i might have made it to hot) it looked really grainy. Will it look grainy after I take it out of the fridge for a few hours? Should I just make a new batch??

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
fat-sissy Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 4

It's supposed to look like that. It doesn't need to be in the fridge, just let it sit overnight. Tomorrow it will have firmed up alot and you'll be able to use it.

Lauren251 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your quick reply fat-sissy!! I will see what it looks like first thing in the morning icon_smile.gif

Lisaa1996 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 4

I agree...I just made some last night. It looks grainy until it hardens and then you warm up a bit in your hands to work with. Then it gets nice and smooth. Make sure you use cornstarch to prevent sticking on your hands and counter as it absorbs the oil. I made the mistake of trying to use powdered sugar the first time I worked with modeling chocolate and what a pain! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%