Cake Pan Organization

Decorating By artsycakes14 Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 10:42pm by Brendabeeper

artsycakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artsycakes14 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 4

This may seem silly, but has anyone come up with a good way to organize all the different size cake pans that we accumulate? With more and more cake pans coming into my house, they are taking over my cupboards and I really am trying to keep things organized. I thought maybe someone has come up with a clever idea to do so. I would love to hear your ideas icon_smile.gif

3 replies
loulou2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loulou2 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 4

I use the large rubbermaid drawers. They are labelled with each pan so I can find stuff easily but also others can put stuff in the right place. Mine are on the top shelf of my walk-in pantry but you can use them on the floor with the wheels they come with. icon_smile.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 4

I have a large plastic storage unit i bought at walmart, it may be rubbermaid brand. It has three large drawers. I just stack the pans according to shape and put them in there. Keeps the dust off of them and out of the way. I only have one or two character pans from when i first started decorating, so most of the shapes i have are very standard..square, round, hex. etc..

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 4

I had my husband put together a 4 shelf storage unit in the basement (mine is a cheaper one I think something like $15.00 from the hardware store) The shelf sits in the basement with the pans on a shelf. Some are in clear storage containers to keep dust out...then the container sits on the shelf. To be honest I have alot of wilton's shaped pans, but I don't use them that often. I prefer the basic pans and to play with the decorations
but I still hold on to them because you just never know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%