Fondarific

Decorating By chouxchoux Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 2:27am by confectionsofahousewife

chouxchoux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chouxchoux Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 7

anyone has any advice/experience with fondarific? thnx

6 replies
chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 7

It's delicious, easy to work with, and pricey icon_smile.gif

I buy it for my kids birthday cakes, but for all of my "real" orders, I use Satin Ice.

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 7

I've used it. Tastes good but mine stretched when moving it from counter to cake. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 7

I love Fondarific. If I could afford it. I would use it everytime. Since I can not - I mix it 50/50 with Fondx. It still has the flavor and is very easy to work with. I seem to have less issues w/both when I mix them than seperately.

I only use the b/c & chocolate flavors.
I hope this helped.
Toni

chouxchoux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chouxchoux Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 7

thanks...my concern is it stretching when moving to the cake. when i make mmf, it tastes great, however, it is kind of soft and i have to cover a 16 in. cake and am worried about that. is the stain ice less soft snd how about the taste? wilkton is like playdoh.

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 7

I'm a beginner but just did my first cookies with fondarific. I have used MMF before and found the fondarific easier to handle than MMF. I could roll it much thinner but it didn't stretch nearly as much as the MMF which just felt softer.

I really liked my first attempt with fondarific on cookies - haven't used it on cake yet. I used the buttercream flavor which was white - it colored nicely too.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:27am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouxchoux

thanks...my concern is it stretching when moving to the cake. when i make mmf, it tastes great, however, it is kind of soft and i have to cover a 16 in. cake and am worried about that. is the stain ice less soft snd how about the taste? wilkton is like playdoh.

I use fondarific, and only fondarific! I have never really tried anything else, though, except homemade mmf. It is quite stretchy. What works best for me is to use a dusting puff filled with half powdered sugar and half cornstarch to heavily dust my work surface (I use a giant vinyl mat cut from the fabric department at walmart). I roll out my fondarific flipping it a few times to ensure its not stuck to my mat (that's when I get stretch problems), re-dusting my surface as needed. After its all rolled out, I lightly dust the top of the fondarific also. Then I lay some saran wrap on top. I use the saran wrap to help pick up the fondant. This is hard to explain, bear with me. I then flip the vinyl mat over so the saran wrapped surface of the fondant is on my hands and then I can flip it back over onto the cake (saran wrap up, of course!). I also sometimes grab the edge of the fondant and saran wrap and lay it on the cake.

Whew! Sorry that was so long. I have never covered a 16in cake with fondarific but have covered a 14in and it was pretty easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%