Help Quick!! Please

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm by ApplegumKitchen

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 4

I made a purse cake for my DD birthday party. When I put the cake in the box the lid hit the handle and broke on of them. I have remade it of gumpaste so it will dry quicker. Is there anything I can do to speed up the drying. We are leaving in 2 hrs for the party.

TIA

3 replies
KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 4

would a hair dryer work?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 4

Depending on the break, can you superglue the broken one? No one is going to eat the handle and I've read that superglue will work on gumpaste in a pinch. You could put a little flower or something over the spot after it was glued to disguise it.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 4

Not sure of the time differences... so you may have already left icon_sad.gif BUT a tip for next time

If it is a flat handle.....

Get a piece of clear acetate sheeting - overhead projector sheet??

cut a piece the same width as your handle - use sugar glue to attach the two piece of your broken handle to, or simply make a new handle on this piece of acetate - it is on the underneath side and will be virtually un-dectable, but will offer the support required without chance of breaking icon_biggrin.gif

If it is a round handle - cover a piece of aquarium hose in fondant and it does the same trick!! can be put on cake fresh and no need to wait for it to dry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%