The Flu

Decorating By grama_j Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 7:44pm by costumeczar

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 9

Okay... now with all the colds and flu going around, my question is ......Can you make someone sick if you have the cold or flu, and have been decorating their cake ?

8 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 9

Yes.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 9

I would say better safe than sorry. Besides, if you are sick with the flu, you are not even going to be physically able to make a cake!

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 9

yup, between the mask, handkerchief(hair) and the gloves I looked like the d*@# hazmat crew.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 9

You should not. In fact, your local health department rules probably prohibit it.

When you go out to eat, would you want the person who cooks and plates your food to serve you with the flu?

I think not.

Besides that, you could very well transmit the flu to someone whose immune system cannot overcome it...and they die. Is making the cake worth that risk?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

Besides, if you are sick with the flu, you are not even going to be physically able to make a cake!

Absolutely. I've had the flu once in my life. Not the sniffles with a cough that everyone CALLS the flu. The real flu. The kind that causes you to lose 12 pounds in 4 days. The kind that prohibits you from lifting your head off of the floor. The kind where you can't even keep popsicles, 7-Up or chicken soup down. THe kind where you begging God to let you get just 15 minutes sleep ... just 15 minutes without a cough or without throwing up. Just 15 straight minutes of closing your eyes and getting some rest.

The kind where you just want to die so you'll feel better.

If you have the flu, the REAL flu, the LAST thing you're capable of doing is making a cake.

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 9

sorry, I just had a cold, not the flu.

ccordes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccordes Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 9

My whole household is getting over the flu right now and I have to say, I wouldn't even want to risk making someone else feel this terrible. Thankfully, no one was throwing up, although there were plenty of times I though I was going to. I also agree with Debi about not even being able to decorate a cake when having the flu. I've been sick since Tuesday and today is the first day I'm actually able to get up and do things without feeling like I'm about ready to pass out after 5min.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

Besides, if you are sick with the flu, you are not even going to be physically able to make a cake!

Absolutely. I've had the flu once in my life. Not the sniffles with a cough that everyone CALLS the flu. The real flu. The kind that causes you to lose 12 pounds in 4 days. The kind that prohibits you from lifting your head off of the floor. The kind where you can't even keep popsicles, 7-Up or chicken soup down. THe kind where you begging God to let you get just 15 minutes sleep ... just 15 minutes without a cough or without throwing up. Just 15 straight minutes of closing your eyes and getting some rest.

The kind where you just want to die so you'll feel better.

If you have the flu, the REAL flu, the LAST thing you're capable of doing is making a cake.

Oh, yeah...My husband and I both had it at the same time about 8 years ago when our kids were little, and we didn't even have the energy to sit in a lawnchair and watch them so they could play outside. I wouldn't be able to decorate cakes in that condition, and I definitely wouldn't want to give it to anyone else. I wouldn't take a chance on doing any cakes if I had a cold or the flu.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%