Spongebob Holes :p

Decorating By kausha Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 6:32pm by tannersmom

kausha Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 10

well, am "planning" to do a a very simple spongebob cake for my son's 3rd bday on 5th dec... and planned only to focus on the body/face on a rectangle cake..( am a beginner icon_razz.gif ) well i thought of using buttercream and for these HOLES which Spongebob has, what colour should I use?? should it be Orange, Green Brown ??

http://www.poster.net/spongebob/spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-9962695.jpg

the above is the picture I planned to make ... ur good lucks are needed too icon_razz.gif lol

good-day to all icon_smile.gif
kausha icon_confused.gif

9 replies
crisseyann Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 10

Maybe an army green?

kjt Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 10

Welcome to CC, kausha!

I agree with crisseyann, I'd use green. After you put the green "dots" on take your finger and gently make an indention in the buttercream-that will give it more of a "sponge" look.

I'll say good luck thumbs_up.gif , but your little guy is sure to love WHATEVER you do!

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 10

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1326722

Here what I did it turned out all right I think. Pretty easy color to make

kausha Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjt

Welcome to CC, kausha!

I agree with crisseyann, I'd use green. After you put the green "dots" on take your finger and gently make an indention in the buttercream-that will give it more of a "sponge" look.

I'll say good luck thumbs_up.gif , but your little guy is sure to love WHATEVER you do!

ok this is a good idea... you mean to make the dot on top of the frosted yellow cake ....so it makes a lighter touch of green..hmm thanks to crisseyann too

kausha Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCakeCook

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1326722

Here what I did it turned out all right I think. Pretty easy color to make

thats a lovely work there u have done, thats fondant icing right?? i love the nose which juts out .... thank u for ur idea...icon_smile.gif

kjt Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kausha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjt

Welcome to CC, kausha!

ok this is a good idea... you mean to make the dot on top of the frosted yellow cake ....so it makes a lighter touch of green..hmm thanks to crisseyann too

Yes, frost the yellow part, then over pipe the green. I would use fondant for the eyes and teeth, but you certainly can over pipe those with BC as well.

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 10

my whole cake was fondant(yellow, green, eyes, the whole shebang), the nose has a dowel inside it (actually its a kebob skewer to be technical) This is an excellent fondant beginner cake. Easy to work with because the majority of your fondant is on top of the cake so you don't have to worry about it slipping. And all the little fondant balls around the bottom can cover up any unsightly edges that plague your first 50 or so cakes(I still haven't managed to perfect clean bottoms-wait that sounds slightly odd)

kausha Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCakeCook

my whole cake was fondant(yellow, green, eyes, the whole shebang), the nose has a dowel inside it (actually its a kebob skewer to be technical) This is an excellent fondant beginner cake. Easy to work with because the majority of your fondant is on top of the cake so you don't have to worry about it slipping. And all the little fondant balls around the bottom can cover up any unsightly edges that plague your first 50 or so cakes(I still haven't managed to perfect clean bottoms-wait that sounds slightly odd)

icon_biggrin.gif

yeah dat sure was odd...he he had a gud laugh icon_razz.gif

i thought of trying the cake with the butter cream...this time and hope it comes out clean as yours icon_biggrin.gif only wanna do the face no arms/no legs..which will take longer time :/ poor spongebob icon_razz.gif

tannersmom Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 10

I did a Spongebob Cake. Look in my pics. I made mine green. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%