Dolce De Leche Question

Decorating By Lezlee Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm by cata262

Lezlee Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 7

I want to try dolce de leche filling. Any suggestions for what flavour cake and frosting to use with it?

6 replies
costumeczar Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 7

What's the dulce de leche filling? I've heard of the cake, but that's kind of the entire thing, not just the filling. What's in the filling that makes it dulce de leche specifically?

cookie_fun Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 7

I have used dulce de leche filling with chocolate cake and used some crushed pecans layered on the filling. For frosting I've used regular BC or chocolate BC for a turtle cake. Delicious!

What kind of filling are you making?

I've used the dulce de leche caramel and folded into bettercreme for a lighter filling. Talk about eat it up with a spoon! Yum! icon_biggrin.gif

Lezlee Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 7

Cookie_fun, I was going to use a recipe for the dulce de leche filling that I found here on CC. I love the your idea of using crushed pecans! I can't wait to try it. I was thinking it might be a nice cake for Thanksgiving. Thank you for the tip!

Costumeczar, I found a recipe for a quick dule de leche filling here on CC in the recipes. It's a quicker version that you microwave.

TexasSugar Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:24am
post #5 of 7

Chocolate cake and it is great!! It also is good with vanilla cake, and marble cake. Anything you'd eat with caramel would work with it. icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 12:41am
post #6 of 7

ooooh pecans and carmel remind me of those pecan cluster thingys that you get in Texas! Sooooo yummy! You guys are making me drool!

cata262 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 7

Dulce de leche filling is so yummy, i love it with chocolate, vanilla, coconut flavor and even rum. Here in Florida is easy to find, but if not you could boil a unopen can of sweeteened condensed milk for like 45 mi in a pressure cooker, and let it cool down complete before oppening. It will taste very good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%