Amerimist Airbrush System?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 3:29pm by kake4umjp

cakesrock Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 5

I'm looking at purchasing an Amerimist airbrush system and I"m not sure whether to get the professional or the student? I am a hobbyist and decorate approximately 2-4 cakes a month. Would the student one suffice? Is it a good system? Is there an "in-between" system? Or do I need the professional to make the purchase worthwhile. Budget is a big issue...
TIA icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 5

I have the Kopykake Airmaster..I bought it about 6 years ago.I got it straight from Kopykake as no one here in Canada at the time sold them.I think Golda's kitchen does now and Cake Mischief and Flour Confections does also now....I think if you are just a hobbyist then the cheaper model airbrush may be all you need especially if you are on a budget.

cakesrock Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 4:20am
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much for the info! I hadn't heard of Cake Mischief- good to know! PM Hobbycraft had 1 KopyKake and they wanted over $400! I see I can get a much better deal at Cake Mischief. Nice to see a fellow Calgarian & cc'er icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 5

Anytime!!!Yes..PM is way to expensive for most things!!That's why I started shopping online etc...

kake4umjp Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 5

I have had all four air brushes. I have the professional amerimist. It is great, takes up a lot of space and hard to store. The small one works great and easy to store, they work equally as well. the Kopykake air mist is good and you can attach two air brushes to it. the small kopykake air brush is also good, it dances all over the place when you are using it., I love the Amerimist because you can attach a bottle for large surfaces , such as the top of a cake or a sculpture. You can flip the color bowl over to attach the bottle. They also make a cap that fits the actual bottle of coloring. I would purchase the small amerimist as my first air brush. Marie J.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%