My Pink Fondants Gets Lighter And Lighter!!!!

Decorating By darylrc Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 3:39am by darylrc

darylrc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darylrc Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 6

My marshmellow pink fondant is a beautiful shade of pink when I apply it to the cake , within a few hours it fades and is a very pale shade of pink. What is happening ? It ruins the look of my cake. It is driving me crazy!!! HELP!!!!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 6

Pink and red like to fade in the light, especially if they're in the sun. The fading wouldn't be such a bad thing if it happened evenly, but usually it doesn't. I've noticed that Americolor fades less than Wilton.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 6

HEre's why red fades ... been happening since the late 70's: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-653200-red.html+dye

MammaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MammaG Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:33am
post #4 of 6

I had trouble getting the pink I wanted on my MMF the other day, and it kept looking more and more mauve. Then I thought I'd try to paint it, and it worked beautifully! I just got a little lemon extract and pink and brushed it on. It turned hot pink (which was what I was looking for), and it stayed that way.

darylrc Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:36am
post #5 of 6

I guess it could be the flor. lights. I usually have to leave the boxes open because of the heighth of the cakes. I need to come up with a way to box them so they will not fade. Thanks for the insight!!

darylrc Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6

I guess it could be the flor. lights. I usually have to leave the boxes open because of the heighth of the cakes. I need to come up with a way to box them so they will not fade. Thanks for the insight!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%