New To This And Needs Help?!?!?!

Decorating By littleladyk Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 11:59pm by Kima920

littleladyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleladyk Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All!
I am very new to not only cake decorating, but baking cakes in general, im taking a cake class and i LOVE it! My teacher directed us to this site and it ROCKS!!
So a few questions...
~ Is it possible to ship cakes?? and if so how?? I moved away from family a few yrs ago and would love to be able to decorate cakes and send them but dont know if it is possible to do?!?!?
~ Can you bake a cake in a spring from pan?? or are they just for cheesecakes??

Thank you for the help i really appreciate it!!!!

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

1) lots of posts on this. generally the answer is no, but a couple of people have managed. a lot more people have failed.

2) yes, i do it no problem
xx

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 5

1st - welcome to CC. We're here to help when ya need us. The only advice I can offer is about the shipping. It has been my experience, that if you don't mind a pile of cake and icing crumbs, then shipping is cakes is fine. Others may have better experiences though.

littleladyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleladyk Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

thank you all so much for your help!

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 5

I don't know what other people go wrong with shipping but I ship fondant covered cakes all the time and never had a customer complaint but damaged cakes. You can not shipped cakes covered in buttercream. What I normally do is decorated the cake the day before I am going to ship. I put it in the freezer overnight. I think take it out right before I take it to be shipped. I cover the cake in plastic wrap and the place it in the center of a cake box. Next I wrap the cake with bubble wrap so it fit nice and tight in the box. I then put the cake box in a shipping box in the center. I wrap that with bubble wrap and some packing peanuts. I only use FedEx and only ship overnight. I place fragile and this side up on the box and I tell them to put fragile on the shipping label as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%