Can Someone Tell Me What This Lettering Is?

Decorating By ericaplh Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 4:33pm by izzy1953

ericaplh Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:49am
post #1 of 17

Can someone tell me what the lettering on this Elisa Strauss cake is? Is it a particular tappit???

16 replies
LeckieAnne Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 17

I have some alphabet cookie cutter that would maybe be about that size. Picked them up at Michael's a long time ago.

sugarandslice Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:21am
post #3 of 17

No tappit I've ever seen. The fondant looks too thick to have been 'through' a tappit. My guess would be small cookie cutters too.
Good luck finding it; that's a great cake!!

patiese1 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:22am
post #4 of 17

I have a set that came with the 101 cookie cutters and they are about that size and shape. Can anyone say coupon and a trip to Michaels! icon_biggrin.gif

cocobean Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:31am
post #5 of 17

I have the 101 cutters from Michaels and the letters do not look that big and defined. The edges of the letters are more rounded.

sugarandslice Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:40am
post #6 of 17

Perhaps they're hand-cut! ?

Melnick Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:49am
post #7 of 17

The font looks like Budmo Jiggler.

ericaplh Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 3:10pm
post #8 of 17

I figured it was too thick to be a tappit, but I've looked for cutters like this and haven't found any that appear to be this size...I'll check Michaels...

newmansmom2004 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 3:30pm
post #9 of 17
Originally Posted by LeckieAnne

I have some alphabet cookie cutter that would maybe be about that size. Picked them up at Michael's a long time ago.

I have her book with this cake and she says she used 1-1/4" alphabet letter cutters but doesn't say where she got them. Also says to use a paring knife or exacto to clean up any rough edges.

drakegore Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:49pm
post #10 of 17

i made a simialrly lettered cake of her's for my son's 4th birthday (2 years ago, it was my first big cake). i could not find cutters big enough with clean angular lines like hers, so i used a chocolate mold. i actually used the candy melts in them then piped chocolate dots on them and they worked great.


p.s. here's a picture. it's not a great cake, remember it was my first icon_smile.gif

Bakingangel Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 5:01pm
post #11 of 17

Diane, your cake looks great! Clever idea to use the candy mold.

LeckieAnne Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:49pm
post #12 of 17

Drakegore - where did you get your candy mold. I'd love to get them. And that cake is adorable. icon_smile.gif

drakegore Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #13 of 17

hi leckianne,
thank you icon_smile.gif. i got it at country kitchens online (country kitchensa . com, take the spaces out).

Loucinda Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:49pm
post #14 of 17

I have that 101 cutter set from Michaels, and the PP is correct, the letters in that kit are rounded - not the same look.

AverageMom Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:00pm
post #15 of 17

Leckianne, that is one CUTE child in your signature line!!

LeckieAnne Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #16 of 17

Aww, thanks! We think so.

izzy1953 Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 4:33pm
post #17 of 17

google alphabet cutters by makins.....they are 1" by 3/4" ....they are close to what you're looking for. GSA carries them................

Quote by @%username% on %date%