Gumpaste Daisies On Buttercream,will They Be Ok By Tomorrow?

Decorating By sweetcravings Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 9:44pm by TexasSugar

sweetcravings Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:50am
post #1 of 6

I just finished up a cake i made for my neice and now i'm second guessing if i should've put the gumpaste daisies on the cake tonight. We will be having the cake tomorrow night at a party. Will the gumpaste flowers hold up on the buttercream? I don't work with gumpaste often and i don't want to mess it up.
All i can remember is my royal icing flower disaster..put them on the night before the cake was due, by morning they had picked up the fat in the buttercream and changed color and were mushy.

Should i go take them all off now or just leave it alone?

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 6

If the gp was *TOTALLY* dry and then are not sitting directly on the b'cream they should be fine. I have put fondant &/or gp flowers on 100s of b'cream cakesicon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:21am
post #3 of 6

They should be fine as long as the gumpaste was dry.....this cake set out for a week at the fair - and did just fine.(gumpaste daisies on sugarshack's recipe for buttercream)

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1468344

sweetcravings Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:36am
post #4 of 6

Thanks guys.;0)

They were dry enough to break when a tupperwear container fell on top of some of them yesterday. So i guess they were pretty dry and fragile.;0(
They are sitting directly on the buttercream.

sweetcravings Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 6

Well, the night came and went and the daisies are still holding up..thank goodness. They are still hard and haven't picked up any of the fat in the buttercream. whew!

TexasSugar Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 9:44pm
post #6 of 6

As long as you don't put it in an airtight container they hold up fine. If you put it in an airtight container the moisture from the icing will soften the flowers and in some cases make them melt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%