Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake Help

Decorating By mahlmann Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 6:20pm by cylstrial

mahlmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahlmann Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:07am
post #1 of 7

Hi! I am going to be making the Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake and have a quick question. It calls for 1 4oz box of Vanilla. I can find a 1 oz box and a 2.1 oz box. Does it really call for 4 oz or is it 4 cups? The 1 oz box makes 4 cups. I'm afraid that if I add 4 boxes it will be too much! Has anyone made this that can help? Thanks!

6 replies
tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:16am
post #2 of 7

I see you are talking about the pudding mix. The regular pudding mix (not sugar free) is 3.75 oz at my store. I would use that.

Good luck, it sounds delicious!

Tracy

mahlmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahlmann Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 7

Thanks! I didn't even think to check that non-sugar free!! I'll try that out!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 7

I made that cake for my grandmother's birthday on Halloween. The cake is moist and very good, but the filling was way too runny and caused my cake to slide. I won't ever use the filling again.

I used the regular size jell-o brand vanilla pudding (3.75oz)

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 7

That's the size that I always use.

Is the Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe on cake central? It sounds good! I just keep hearing and seeing stuff about pumpkin spice right now and it's in my brain.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 7

It is a very good cake. It's very moist. I just couldn't get the filling to thicken up so it could be used without causing my cake to slide.

I used buttercream with cinnamon added to it to ice the cake. I think next time I'll make a cream cheese icing and add cinnamon to it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 7

[quote="erinalicia"

I used buttercream with cinnamon added to it to ice the cake. I think next time I'll make a cream cheese icing and add cinnamon to it.[/quote]

MMMmmmmm...that sounds good!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%