Christmas Ideas

Decorating By sweettooth88 Updated 14 Nov 2009 , 1:39am by kakeladi

sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make a cake for a low key christmas party. They are serving finger foods so i figured making cake balls would be perfect!!! I need 3 flavors...can any one help me??? Also i would like to make a cake ball tree but i am intimidated by it....any suggestions??

3 replies
vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:11am
post #2 of 4

I've never made cake balls so I'm not sure if this flavors would work but something with peppermint, eggnog an just simple chocolate.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 12:20am
post #3 of 4

My suggestions are chocolate with crushed up Andes mints, eggnog and red velvet. You can make them look like ornaments with colored chocolate as decorations. Have fun with them!!
Tracy

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 1:39am
post #4 of 4

Butter Pecan cake! The choco w/mints and eggnog sound wonderfulicon_smile.gif

As for a cake ball tree - get yourself a styro cone @ Dollar Tree. Paint it w/choco - just a bit at a time and stick the cake balls on just as the painted choco starts to set. It will take time - *lots*! icon_smile.gif - but will be great. Vary the size of the balls too - keeping them rather small (think marbles). Remember to stagger the rows as you go around. Using some red &/or green now the then helps too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%