How Do I Do This?

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 10:41pm by Angelfire3

Angelfire3 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 4

How do I do this border? What tip(s) do I use? From the photo it looks like a seashell/star tip, but I'm not sure. I just love the way the swag looks.

I was browsing the internet for Cross cakes and I came across this photo:

It's from London cakes.

3 replies
saffronica Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 4

I believe this is a technique called the Lambeth method -- I don't know a lot about it personally, but I'm sure you could find a lot more information in a search for Lambeth.

Rincewind Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 4

This is a nice little video:

edited to add: The border she makes isn't exactly like the one one you posted, but it's very similar. Instead of overpiping with the round tip, you could overpipe with a smaller star tip. I love that border and have tried it myself, though I'm nowhere near as good.

Good luck!

Angelfire3 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for the helpful tips. I checked out the video and googled the Lambeth method. I will practice to see how things will work out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%