Dear Santa......here's My List!

Decorating By amberkw Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 11:57pm by khoudek

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 7

Dear Mr. Clause,

I have been a very good girl this year. icon_wink.gif With the exception of a little neglect of my husband and 3 kids. You see, I just found the coolest gift that has been hiding for over 33 Years! It was never under the tree all of christmas past, or I surely would have opened it. I never asked for it either, cause I would have searched high and low. It just seems that one unexpecting day, I happened to be in the kitchen and the wrapping began reveal one of my greatest passions in life.

A few assembly line bakery birthday cakes too many, a few, "I could do that's," some great tips and inspiration from my fellow CCers and some serious trial & error.... Viola`!! There she was staring me in the face.

If you look at my cake gallery, you might be able to tell that I am REALLY trying. With a big family and a few friends, I practice all I can. The only problem is - the lack of tools, I am in serious "need" of, and WHICH BRAND IS THE BEST ???? Hence the letter.

* Airbrush - brand, model & accessories
*Cricuit - No idea where to begin
*YOur favorite cake tool

So, if you or your little cake elves would be so kind as to reply. I will get my final list out ASAP. Thanks for all the goodies in advance. And I will try not to neglect my loved ones as much, if its at all possible. Maybe you can slip my hubs & kiddos something real nice as well. They deserve it! And you can look forward to a nice slice of italian cream & a tall glass of milk in a few weeks.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 7

mmm....

Airbrush: I don't own one yet but if i were to buy one I'll buy the grex
cricuit: not sure if it's worth the expense, plus I really enjoy doing things by hand or with cutters etc.
Favorite tool: Agbay leveler! and Ateco mat. Those are the basic that you'll need on every cake. The other things you might need or not, but this two are the basics!

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 7

KA 6 qt Pro, extra beater, extra bowl
Fondant mat

That's all I can think of right now that I've gotten that completely changed my caking experience!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 7

I LOVE First Impression Molds.

I have an edible image printer on my xmas wish list.

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 7

OOoo. Didn't even think about a mixer! I know I have to have an airbrush.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 7

My favorite tool is supposed to be used for vening, but I LOVE IT for smoothing edges.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 7

That Santa letter is too precious!!! Favorite tool: my Cook's industrial mixer. It's a big time saver when mixing multiple batches. Airbush: KopyKake's, can't remember the model. Again a great timesaver. And the Cricut? I too am contemplating that for Xmas. I think it would save a lot of time from what I'm reading here on CC, not to mention my poor aching hand from all the piping. Hope you get all you wish for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%