Ugh Made Flowers The Wrong Color, Fixable?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 11:05pm by sadsmile

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 12

Ok so I'll admit I plain did'nt check and just assumed I knew what coral was, but I don't apparently.
So now basically I have a dozen peach colored roses, that need to be coral roses.
Can I dust them a darker color?
I've already painted them with luster dust and vodka, I wanted them to sparkle and shine but will the luster dust work now?

11 replies
caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 12

Mmmm... given you a bump. Hope it gos wellicon_smile.gif

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 12

No problem to dust them again but it might take a little more work since the surface is already painted/dusted once. And in my opinion peach is not THAT far from coral

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 12

are they gumpaste or fondant?

Are you wanting more of a pink color than the peach? (not so sure of coral myself lol)

you can dust them again to change the color, but you'll probably have to re-do the luster and vodka

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 12

I see coral as a little darker than peach, more orangy. Could you dust with an orange luster dust?

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:15pm
post #6 of 12

It won't hurt to try to luster dust them, coral is close to peach anyway. But since you painted them, I find you might just have to paint again. Some dusts are too transparent to cover a 'paint' job and don't adhere well to an already painted surface. Also, if you use clear alcohol, it will remove some of the color. Just be real careful as you can dissolve your flower.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 12

Coral is a darl orangey peach with a hint of red. I'm looking at my coral necklace right now. icon_smile.gif But I would try dusting them darker as well.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:20pm
post #8 of 12

Ok so I asked the customer what color exactly, she said "coral like the invites", well the invites are what I matched the roses to in the first place and I think it's more a peachy pink.

When I google "coral color" it comes up a dark orange pinkish peach color, when I google "coral roses" it brings up a dark orange pinkish peach color and a light peach color.

And when I google "coral gerbera daisy" it brings up the same light peach color as I made my flowers (made some gerbers too).

So with that said I think I am going to leave flowers as is to match the invites, the customer called it "coral" but it's really a peach, after all that's what she wanted, flowers to match the invite.

I guess it does'nt matter what color it's called as long as it matches what the customer wants it to match?

Long story short I had the right color in the first place just the wrong name for it..lol

Thank you for all ya'lls help!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:23pm
post #9 of 12

Absolutely GREAT....so glad i could help...LOL

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 12

icon_lol.gif

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:52pm
post #11 of 12

Who gets the job of naming all those colors anyhow? Where do I apply?

I would take your copy of the invite for comparison just in case when you deliver too.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 11:05pm
post #12 of 12

I know coral to be the one of the colors in your avatar pic. The tiny dot of darkest color in the upper left corner is a coral color. So yeah go darker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%