19X13 Square Pan How Many Cake Mixes Help

Decorating By ninatat Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm by indydebi

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 5

hi all, just getting ready to make cake checked cake formumlia sp how many cake mixes do i need for 1 layer, and i might make it two layers, but i don't think i well, how many servings for 1, have to make sponge bob, it only say's iin cup's how to use, thanks all

4 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 5

A cake mix is usually 4-5 cups of batter depending on brand and size of eggs used for a 2" layer 9x13 you need 7cups of batter if you want to make a 3" layer you will need11 1/2cups of batter according to the wilton chart

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 5

When I bake in my 12x18, I use three Betty Crocker cake mixes for a single layer. For my 14x22, I use 4.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 5

ok thanks so much, is that a 2 or 3 in pan, and about how long do you bake it, i made it before but i had a covered in foil wooden board, i bought a cake board this time with cake paper, last time i think i let it cool in the pan and put the wooden board on top and flipped, will that work with this type of board or should i just use the wooden one thanks again

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 5

It's a 2" tall pan. And sorry if this sounds snarky but I dont' use a timer, so "you bake it till it's done".

I trim the cake while in the pan. I flip it onto a large cooling rack. I then re-flip it onto another cooling rack so the bottom of the cake is on the cooling rack. Do any add'l trimming/leveling as needed. When it's cool enough to work with, I flip it onto the cake board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%