Liar Liar Pants On Fire

Lounge By mrspriss0912 Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 1:35am by mrspriss0912

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:11am
post #1 of 17

OK so this one may be long and confusing but OMG this kid needs help.
My dd is 14 and has a friend (now more like an aquiantence) who also at 14 wants to get pg with her 18 y.o. boyfriend. She came to school and told she was three months along icon_mad.gif Two weeks ago she told the other girls that she was laying in bed and started coughing up blood, the bf took her (on Sunday night) to the doctor's office??? and she had had a miscarriage did not to a DNC said it would be ok??? Then the story changes yet again that last saturday she went to a hospital in another town and had a dnc and lost 21 lbs after they had done it again she was taken by a friend so that her parents wouldnt find out.
My dd said she dosnt think any of this was true and came home to ask me about it. I work in a medical facility and I know for a fact that any procedure on a minor has to be signed for by a parent and of course proof of insurance. So I asked a couple of my RN friends about it... first off is her uterus connected to he esophagus???? second hospital would not do dnc without parental consent I have told dd not to hang with this girl so much at school and she will definately not be going anywhere near this child in a social atmosphere because she is lying about something very serious and she needs her little butt kicked. I just dont want dd to in any way think this is the way to behave. How do I get this kid out og dd's social circle? icon_cry.gif

16 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:26am
post #2 of 17

Pregnancy is emancipating. Her parents don't have to be contacted. Doctors have to follow procedure. Ain't that sad. Planned parenthood can take minors and help them abort and whatever because of the pregnancy emancipation. Sad sad world.

Edited to add...
Not saying she isn't a liar cause I don't know. Who knows what happened. One thing for certain that girl is screaming for some attention right now. Lying aside she is putting her life in danger...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:37am
post #3 of 17

When people say to me, "Well, you can't pick their friends!", (in a shrugged off tone of voice that implies "whadda ya gonna do?"), I cross my arms, adapt my Stern-Mom-Voice, as I educate them "The hell I can't!"

I did it all the time with my kids. And my kids hung out with good kids.

But back to this young lady's issues ..... and there is no doubt she has issues. How so very sad.

Sorry to say that I knew a girl in high school who was kinda like this. According to her, she has a miscarriage every month or so. She'd frequently come to school and tell her friends, "I might be pregnant!" Every. Week. I finally figured it out ..... when she made that statement and one girl asked, "When will you know?" and she replied, "a couple of weeks". It dawned on me that the phrase "I might be pregnant" was code for "I had sex last night". She was an overweight, non-super-popular, ran with the wrong crowd kinda girl and thought by telling everyone she had sex, she was telling everyone "Look at me! I had sex! Boys like me! See? I'm not a loser! I have a boyfriend!"

It's hard for me to get my head around the idea that faking pregnancies and miscarriages will make you look popular. icon_confused.gif

I met her when I was between 15-16 yrs old. A mutual friend told me "Oh I've been hearing that "I had a miscarriage / might be pregnant" shit since she was 13!"

Not sure how to deal with it. My first concern would be cutting the ties between her and my daughter.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #4 of 17

indydebi,

Makes me wonder if that girl knew the difference between "miscarriage" and "menstruation".

OP - If you know the girl's name, I'd call up the school's guidance counsellor with your concerns, or your daughter could go to the guidance counsellor about it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

indydebi,

Makes me wonder if that girl knew the difference between "miscarriage" and "menstruation".

OP - If you know the girl's name, I'd call up the school's guidance counsellor with your concerns, or your daughter could go to the guidance counsellor about it.

Call the guidance counselor or the parents. But do something. That poor girl needs some help.

cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 17

And if the boyfriend is 18, that's statutory rape.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:33pm
post #7 of 17

If your daughter isn't trusting this girl's tales, then you don't have to worry that much about the girl's influence on your daughter.

I knew a girl in MIDDLE SCHOOL (I grew up in an urban area) who did this. She eventually outgrew the tales, by sophomore year.

In 7th grade, she told me she had already had 5 abortions, as if that would impress me. I just said, "Ooooookkkkkkk."

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Pregnancy is emancipating. Her parents don't have to be contacted. Doctors have to follow procedure. Ain't that sad. Planned parenthood can take minors and help them abort and whatever because of the pregnancy emancipation. Sad sad world.

In Miami (not sure about the rest of Florida), if you are a pregnant minor and you're trying to abort...your parents have to be there, they will not do the procedure without at least one of your parents there. And you must show proof.

But I had a friend in high school that use to say things like this. She once told me that she was 8 months pregnant and one weekend she was on a road trip from Miami to North Carolina and all of a sudden her water broke while they were on the road and they found the nearest exit (town unknown) and found a hospital where she delivered her baby. The baby of course did not survive and she was depressed. So she told me that one day after she gave birth, she and a friend were walking to the store and she was so depressed that she jumped in front of an 18 wheeler icon_eek.gif and it just so happens that her friend was quick enough to pull her out of the way of the 18 wheeler. icon_confused.gif Of course, I didn't believe that story. She actually let the baby's father & his family believe that she was pregnant, they bought her all kinds of things for the baby. Now I saw her everyday at school and she didn't have any kind of baby bump, she never talked about the pregnancy to me (we were best friends in school) or anything. She never missed school for the doctors appointment and she stayed after school for track and field practice icon_confused.gif I felt bad for the guy because he was so hurt that she "lost" the "baby".

I think some people just like the attention, but in the end it just makes them look pathetic thumbsdown.gif

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 17

There are so many confused teens out there. My next door neighbor's daughter (17) showed up at my door when Friday night when I was home alone. She had a pathetic story about how she might be pregnant because she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend of one month and now he won't take her calls even though she calls him like 50 times a day. And she thinks he has a new girlfriend and she wants to go over to his house and beat up the new girl, etc., etc. She cried the whole time. I hardly know this girl, but she was desperate for ANYONE to listen to her, so I did. This girl has NO plans for her future, uses health problems as an excuse to not hold a job or plan for college. Her family life is not great.

I told her she needed to stop having sex and plan a future for HERSELF w/o loser boyfriend, who was just using her anyway. I think it went in one ear and out the other.

I just wish young girls could realize their value is not contingent on whether or not some guy will pay attention to them.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Sorry to say that I knew a girl in high school who was kinda like this. According to her, she has a miscarriage every month or so. She'd frequently come to school and tell her friends, "I might be pregnant!" Every. Week. I finally figured it out ..... when she made that statement and one girl asked, "When will you know?" and she replied, "a couple of weeks". It dawned on me that the phrase "I might be pregnant" was code for "I had sex last night". She was an overweight, non-super-popular, ran with the wrong crowd kinda girl and thought by telling everyone she had sex, she was telling everyone "Look at me! I had sex! Boys like me! See? I'm not a loser! I have a boyfriend!"

Ugh, so true. I knew girls like this in highschool, who would lie all the time. One girl in particular had little red bumps all over her legs, which I now know was probablly razor burn or sensitive skin or something. I asked her what they were, and she told me her father was mad at her and dragged her behind a car in gravel. Dead serious, not laughing, and we all believed her. I went home and told my mom about it, who rolled her eyes at that story.

Some people are attention whores, and I would teach your daughter to not be friends with them. No good can come from messed up kids like that.

Although it is a very good sign your daughter is telling you about this friend, and being open with you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:40pm
post #11 of 17

Your DD's 'friend' is a very, very lonely, confused kid. She probably gets NO attention at home. Like IndyDebi's tale she probably had sex once.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:06pm
post #12 of 17

When I lived in California, yes, as a minor you could go to Planned Parenthood and do all kinds of things. In good 'ol Southern Virginia, NOT SO! A girl want to have a baby, her parents can make her have an abortion and is she wants an abortion, she needs her parent's permission. ANYTHING involving a minor has parental involvement. I'm assuming it all varies from state to state.

Be that as it may, there was a girl who was a freshmen with me in high school who had about 6 abortions. Her cycle and all tha stuff was meesed up. After all was said and done she had about 11 abortions and was freaked cause she was told she couldn't have kids anymore and never got pregnant again. She still didn't use birth control. About 11 years after high school she finally mamaged to get pregnant and she never has again.

mrspriss0912 Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 2:30am
post #13 of 17

Well according to my nurse buddies she dose have to have paretnal consent for any type of procedure like the supposed DNC.
DD and I talked this afternoon she is ready to call the girl out and confront her about lying, I told her that i think she should just casualy have less and less time for her and try to find other prople to talk to at school. This girl has issues and if she will lie about being pg and having a misscarrage then she will pretty much lie about anything and that she just needs to be less available to talk with this girl. eventualy she will be found out for her lies and then she will just have to deal with the conciquences herself. DD has a pretty good head on her shoulders and she wants to give everyone the benifit of the doubt and I can admire that but you also have to see people as they are even if it is ugly,to avoid getting hurt yourself. Thanks for listening ccer's love you all bunches

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 4:21am
post #14 of 17

Just point out to your daughter the totally unbelievable part of "coughing up blood" equaling a miscarriage. Good grief. This kid probably also believes she can get pregnant from oral sex.

cylstrial Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 11:58am
post #15 of 17

Still...it's just a sad situation.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:38pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspriss0912

How do I get this kid out og dd's social circle? icon_cry.gif

Don't! Get DD out of her circle.

mrspriss0912 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:35am
post #17 of 17

Just wanted to thank everybody for the advice !! I talked with dd and shared some of your thoughts with her. She agree's girl hs some serious issues and that she should find other friends, still wants to call the little brat out but i have convinced her that she has done stupid things too and this girl is the type to bring them up and make things worse so just let it go and get on with making new friends

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%