Pearl Luster Spray.

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 1:10pm by SandiOh

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 6

I want to spray this on my pink fondant for a barbie cake, but I dont want it on the white ruffle underneath...what's the best way to do this? spray fondant before putting on cake, or trying to cover the ruffles up with something.....(I will be laying the white ruffles on first, unless there is a better way to do this.) any help would be appreciated..
oh, and how long does it take the spray to dry?
Sandi

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:06am
post #2 of 6

Are the ruffles fondant? If so, just cover them w/wax paper or some such. You might want to tape it so it stays in place.

SandiOh Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:08am
post #3 of 6

yes, the ruffles are fondant. do you think spraying before I put the fondant on is a bad idea? do you know how long it takes the spray to dry....sorry, more questions than a 3 year old....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 6

If it's pearl dust on a white piece of fondant, I usually use super pearl in powder form. That way I apply it and then can move with ease.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:54am
post #5 of 6

With the pearl luster spray, make sure your fondant has a good 'dry' surface, not blotches of shortening or anything because then it can become splotchy. And I would definatley put the fondant on first and then touch it as little as possible, it can come off with fingers touching it and such. I used it on my AF cake in my photos. Are you going to be putting it on the pink fondant?? I think it will actually cover the color... at least if you put it on think enough it will.
Oh and the spray dries really quick! Good luck

SandiOh Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 6

thank you everyone...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%