Fondant With Tylose

Decorating By evbunt Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 12:16am by kakeladi

evbunt  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evbunt Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

Okay, so I am going to attempt my first ribbon and bow for my niece's cake this Sunday. I spent about 5 hours yesterday on this site and watching you tube videos to prepare (and I DID have other work to do) and think I'm ready. But...I have been to grocery stores and to Michaels and couldn't find Tylose. I was going to make MMF like I have been for my accents, but a shopper at Michaels told me that she didn't think MMF would hold up for a big loopy ribbon and she advised me to just buy the Wilton and that if I did it tonight, my ribbons would be ready to assemble onto the cake Sunday morning without any Tylose. I'm already freaked about worried about the effort to get hot pink, I was going to add it to the MMF as it was still liquid, but now...I have no idea.

So, is tylose a must for this or will fondant work okay and do Ihave time to make MMF today (I was under the impression itneeded to sit overnight) or should I use the Wilton? Thanks for your help. Without you guys at this site, I would not be able to be playing with these cakes..well, without this site, I would never have STARTED making cakes, either!

3 replies
 Rusti  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 4

The Wilton fondant will be fine for the bow. It doesn't taste great but it will make a good bow. Good Luck!

evbunt  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evbunt Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

Ok, thanks! Since I'm really just doing the bow, no one will be eating it. Again, THANK YOU! I'll start now then...

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:16am
post #4 of 4

Tylose is only available at cake supply shops (and not all of them) or on-line.

Yes, fondant plain can be used. Or you can add some Wilton GumTex.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%