Adding White Chocolate To Cake

Baking By alliebear Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 1:16pm by KHalstead

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 6

so here is my problem. i was looking for white chocolate cake recipe and a few of your recommended me to one. i need the cake to have a really prominent white chocolate flavor. I don't want to add any chips to it or anything. but my question is can i add white chocolate to an existing cake recipe? or sub white for dark in a chocolate cake recipe? it really needs to have the cocoa buttery taste that white chocolate is known.
TIA

5 replies
Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 6

You could add white chocolate pudding to the batter....or, melt white chocolate and add that to the batter. That's about all I can really think of.

Note: I tried adding the white chips to my batter but they didn't all melt so I either use the pudding or melt them separately.

Best of luck and let us know how it works for you.

alliebear Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

humm i was thinking about that but i don't know how much or the ratio or whether or not it would affect the texture, or make it dryer etc.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 6

that's how I make my white choc. cakes, I make my basic white cake batter, add white choc. pudding mix and 6 oz. of melted and cooled white chocolate (candy melts don't work as well, they always seem to make the cake sink in the middle once cooled), but real white chocolate in the baking aisle is what you want!

alliebear Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 6

i am no so much into adding pudding into the mix, i know it adds moisture and flavor but i would prefer to not add it. i planned on using good quality white chocolate but do you think it would alter the moisture factor?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 6

nope, I've done it without the pudding too....I just find that the pudding makes it nice and dense which helps me when carving cakes ( I try to have the same recipe for all of my cakes, carved or not carved so the cakes are consistently the same taste)......but it works just as well to only add the 6 oz. of white chocolate to it;

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%