Eventective

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 8:24am by krissycupcakes

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 6

When you decline a lead and list why, specifically that the budget is unreasonable, do the people requesting the info see it? I hope so. This is the 3rd time the same couple have sent a request out with a crazy budget. Ironically, the dollar amount budgeted keeps dropping too. Are they not getting the reason why they get declined, or are they just fishing? Or are they just entertaining themselves? I know I'm not the only vendor getting this same request, but it makes you wonder..... icon_confused.gif

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:31am
post #2 of 6

I use the "no, thanks" feature when it's a RIDICULOUS request. I don't know if the bride/groom sees the response or if Eventective is just gathering data, but I write it with the assumption the couple sees it. Like "Budget of $7/person for a plated dinner is ridiculously unattainable" or "Can't intellectually discuss pricing 3 yrs in advance. Contact us later."

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Debi! I knew I had seen you talk about this before but couldn't remember what you said.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:01am
post #4 of 6

ok you know its bad and that your on here to much when i said oh look indydebi has a new picture!! and as i go to say shes a caker on here he says yes i know who she is!! thats bad icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

I had a photog friend who did headshots for $25. I got about 15-20 pics from him. Great price ... great pics!

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 8:24am
post #6 of 6

debi i just love it i think i need to get pro shots with my bakeing stuff looks like it could be alot of fun and very differnt!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%