Sugar Help!

Sugar Work By nana2me Updated 12 Nov 2009 , 9:57pm by jawalk

nana2me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana2me Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

I need some information and I know everyone on here has an abundance so I know this is the place to go.

I am making a cake on Saturday, its a golfing cake for my dad and I would like to use poured sugar as a water feature on the cake but I don't know how to make the sugar and can't find a recipie to save my life.

I am planing on making a mold to put it in then transfering it on the cake once it is cooled.

Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
MissSassyBuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissSassyBuns Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 5

I believe you use isomalt sugar. From my understanding, (very limited) you melt it down and can color it when it's melted. You want to get it to "soft ball" stage before you remove it from the heat. HTH

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 5

i dont know anything about isomalt but if you look up a lolli pop recipe to get the amount of sugar and water and just color that but make sure you watch the sugar because it may take some time to get the first 75% cooking but the last 25% takes no time you can burn it in a blink good luck and post pictures

nana2me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana2me Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you guys so much and it does help out a lot! I will post pictures as soon as its done. icon_biggrin.gif

jawalk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jawalk Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 5

I have used Piping Gel (w/blue coloring) for the water on several cakes. It works for ponds and waterfalls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%