Marketing To Brides

Business By costumeczar Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 3:26am by LaBellaFlor

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 7

I just wrote a new blog post about the bridal panel that I went to last night, where recently married brides answered questions about the planning process.

For anyone who wonders if they should have a website, every single bride said that they used the internet and websites to screen bakers before booking appts. They also said that facebook and twitter were more for socializing, in their minds, not for business. (I guess that a facebook page would be fine if they could fine it online with a search, but I don't think they come up in search engines the same way a website would.)

Also, not ONE of them said that they used the phone book to find vendors. See my blog post for the full account of this, I have to go work so I can't rewrite the whole thing here... icon_sad.gif

6 replies
jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 7

that's a great blog and a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

costumeczar Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 7

One other thing that I found interesting (and didn't put on the blog) was that only two out of 12 people had gone to a wedding show while planning! That was surprising to me.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 7

That is very good info - thank you for sharing it with us! (and since I am a facebook flunkie, I am glad to know they are not using it too much) icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:34am
post #5 of 7

This is funny that you posted this. I saw your blog address in your signature this morning and popped over for the first time. LUV'D this article!!! Very timely, very informative! I just twitter'd it, telling all wedding vendors they had to read it, so if you see a big influx of traffic, that's probably why.

costumeczar Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7

Why, thanks for the referral! I love the bridal panel, they always have something to tell us that we didn't expect.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:26am
post #7 of 7

I find the 2 out of 12 people only have been to a bridal show very interesting considering how they charge around how to have a table at one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%