Have Website-Now What?

Business By cai0311 Updated 13 Nov 2009 , 1:39am by indydebi

cai0311 Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 2

So, I had a friend make a website for me a few weeks ago.

http://www.cakesbychristina.net/Welcome.html

I am in the process of being lisenced-although in Ohio that is not a requirement. I figured for the $10 fee, it is worth it.

My question is, how do I get my name out and people looking at my website? I work full time besides cakes. My dream would be to quit my job (mechanical engineer)-my reality is I want this to be a growing hobby.

Anyone advertise on The Knot? or other webiste?
I tried google alerts, but I haven't received any.

1 reply
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 2

Get on every free wedding website you can. I'm on 21. There are very mixed reviews on The Knot. It's paid off very well for me, but others have had zero luck with it. I STRONGLY encourage you to get on Martha Stewart's Wedding Wire. (WW brides think Knot brides act like little babies! icon_lol.gif )

If you don't know how to optimize your website, find someone who does and Git-R-Dun! Ask people to Google your site, and add a review to your site. A friend told me just last week that the more reviews you have, the more you show up.

Put your website and any other addresses (twitter, facebook, blog) in your email signature so you are sending it out with every email.

And remember, it's not an overnight process. It's takes time to really build it up to get good results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%