How Do I Make This Color?

Decorating By cakelovincrazy Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm by sadsmile

cakelovincrazy Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 11

I'm trying to make orange bc like the orange on this guitar, but right now my orange looks more like salmon. I added some red to it in hopes to pick up more of the redish orange color, but still doesn't look right.
I'm letting it sit now for a while to see if it will darken.

Are there any colors any of you would suggest that I mix to get the color I'm looking for or any tips you would like to share?

TIA
icon_smile.gif

10 replies
G_Cakes Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 11

Americolor Electric Orange, will match that perfectly!

-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 11

I'd probably use 2 parts orange color to one part red color maybe a touch of brown.

'Wait and see' is a great idea when you're mixing colors if you're not sure how they will wind up.

icer101 Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 11

agree with the americolor.. i have all the neon colors ..beautiuful and vibrant....

cakelovincrazy Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

Do you think I could add this to the mixture I already have or will I have to make a new batch?

LeckieAnne Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 11

Get it really bright orange - then add red. The bright colors take a lot more of the color than you think sometimes.

Callyssa Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 11

What I do to is smear some of your colored bc onto a paper plate and let it dry a little; you will be surprised how much more intense and dark the color will get. What may look salmon in the bowl may well turn exactly the color you're looking for once the air reaches it. But I also agree; electric orange and some red will give you that color.

tonedna Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

I agree!
Edna icon_smile.gif

gabitusm Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 11

Can you get Americolor in stores?

Callyssa Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 8:01pm
post #10 of 11

Yes, many cake decorating supply stores carry them. You won't find them at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. They are the BEST IMO!! You can also get them online but I can't recommend where since I've just bought mine at the supply stores.

sadsmile Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 8:09pm
post #11 of 11

Salmon as in pink...? Then add a bunch of yellow and orange to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%